Elbow Aug 3rd

DaveyBuoy

Not the greatest day out there , managed to get one after a few hours looking for them. Picked it up in 60 fow straight north of the lighthouse. I heard PikeMan did well on the north end of the elbow.
Hopefully try again Monday

Attachments

• Rainbow Trout Aug 3.jpg
    Rainbow Trout Aug 3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 44
I have a question with regards to fishing walleye or rainbows at the elbow or for that matter ; out at port bruce. Are the guys tipping their lures with a half a worm on one end of their treble hook while trolling or are they just running them clean as is! Thanks for any input guys; this is my first post to this very informative site! A big thumbs up to you Stomps!

Walleyeman personally I don't run worms on the end of spoons or body baits maybe if its a rough day ill try it just to see but usually just run them they way they are I believe most guys do the same good luck out there.

I second that. did anyone have a good day out there? We did Terrible, sounds like that was par for the course.

Thanks for the report. They seem to have moved a bit for sure. Mon am I'll be checking out some different water but still inside the bay. With the west and then north wind I 'm off to 135' on some old way points.

Thanks for reporting. I'll try Monday but may target bass instead of trout and walleye.

If anyone knows who " Pikeman " is I was told he did pretty good yesterday. I'm not exactly sure where he was but i believe closer to the north east portion of the elbow in 90 fow. They boated 11 and one was 14 lbs. I started north of the gas well, moved south to the lighthouse and I marked more fish than I have ever seen in 50 fow nothing was hitting till 60 ft. One fish in 5 hrs

I have to agree - not a very productive day yesterday. Trolled from the elbow east a bit then south to toward the lighthouse on the point from about 8:15 til 2:30 and only managed 2 bows. We also watched the trawlers (all four of them) for most of the morning and heard Pikeman chatting on the radio.
We did not mark the bait fish we saw a week ago and thought maybe all the trawler action was dispersing the bait fish schools. The only thing we saw lots of we're sea gulls.

Back