Digging Ponds

sonnyuphi

Apparently there is a lot of digging going on in the channels of OLd Cut Blvd. Has Jim Granger started on our marsh projects yet or has he already been working on them ?

I'll try to find out Sonny. He is scheduled to do two ponds in the west end of the marsh in March. Exactly where is detailed in the Spring 2011 newsletter on page 6.

Hi Sonny....Finally have some info but recommend folks go to the AGM on the 22nd for details. I heard that Jimmy "Granger Excavating" completed a beautiful 12 acre pond that can be seen from Canvasbacksca's cottage. I also heard that a second 12 acre pond is going in not too far from your family cottage, essentially expanding and improving the the existing pond. LPWA President, Jim Malcolm will be making a presentation on marsh rehab at the AGM.

Yes, Jimmy Granger did a marvelous job of creating a beautiful pond in a sea of phrags! Here are a couple of photos taken from across our boat channel,

Looking north towards the west feed pond:
PicsApr2012001.jpg

Looking south towards the highway:
PicsApr2012004.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks