Colour of lures for erie eyes

Does it matter which end of the leader you put the snubber? Attach the snubber to the diver or to the body bait?

Attach the snubber to the diver with a 6-10 foot leader to the body bait. The snubber will mess up the action of the lure if you put it at the bait end. You can use a fishing scale to adjust the release tension; about 3 lbs is a good starting point. You don't have to adjust the screw very much to make a big difference.

Thanks for the advice, I'm heading out tonight, trolling for walleye, out of pt Bruce. I will try these new tricks and let you all know . I appreciate the help!

lures.png here is picture of my favorite silver streak lures...from left: greasy chicken, blue berry muffin, nascar, piston cup, pink panties, henkle or finkle berry, frosted yellow tail, and in the package is a dream weaver Blueberry muffin spoon with double hook for worms (different pattern than silver steak) All of these caught me multiple walleye last year and that finkle or henkle berry caught 2 coho this year @ Bronte

Can't buy these at Canadian tire, Sail, Bass pro, or Cabelas......have to go to a reel tackle shop......I know J&S in port elgin, lake huron rod and gun in Underwood, Natural sports in Kitchener all carry them. I'm sure Angling outfitters in woodstock would have them also

We have been using 2 oz inline weights and a worm harness ! Limits plus throwing a bunch back every time. Running 75 to 90 feet of line out . colour doesntseem to matter much. Good luck !

I found the best thing to do is put out a wide multi-colour spread to start. I start with Greasy Chicken, Kevorkian, Jerry Lee, Pink Panties, Orange Crush blue and chrome redfin and gold redfin. Once I get a couple of eyes on a particular colour I change out the other spoons to that colour. Has worked really well. I am out of Port Stanley. Start at 55ft and go out from there.

Fished out of Stanley friday and Saturday, hottest lures gold and black rrf and orange moonshine although we got fish off everything we put in. Started in 38 and never went past 50

Ripplin red fins, NK28 spoons, Erie Deerie tipped with a worm. The fish seem to choose the color they prefer by the hour. The last trip they took a black spoon, blue/silver rippling red fin and a larger body bait in chartreuse.
Where have u been mick. Been watching for your posts Hope all is well.

For the most part it has been what i call pop can fishing out of Nanticoke, Elbow, lighthouse and Burwell... You could throw out a pop can and they'd hit it...

I start with my go to's and one experimental rod...

List of my favorites...

Dreamweaver SS:

Firetiger- copper back
BPW- silver back
Mixed veggies - silver back

Northern King - BPW- silver back

Bay Rat Crankbaits:

I've exclusively ran these for the last two seasons... Amazing quality... Great action and the paint and hook quality are unmatched...

All the colors I've tried catch fish... My top two are...

High School - Short and shallow...
Firetiger - Deep Diver
36386177_10160611127430357_3722976393470935040_n.jpg

Anything pink or orange or firetiger works for me...

Just because something works for someone doesn't mean it works for you... Experiment... Buy quality... Ask questions... Invent what works for you...

Jammer...

I let my kids choose, lots of fish down there so doesn't seem to matter much. If we go more than 20mns not hits we change something, if we go through a school no hits we change something. Each time one of the patterns seems to out produce the others so I keep switching until 1 lights them up. This year the lure of the day for me has been either pink panties, pink reef runner, silver rrf, orange crush. But like I said almost everything working this year

Just because something works for someone doesn't mean it works for you... Experiment... Buy quality... Ask questions... Invent what works for you...

Jammer...

This is the most important part of @jammer's post.

Nothing is exact, listen, be flexible, react, think.

Best of luck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks