Colour of lures for erie eyes

Irish1983

hey guys just wondering if anyone would like to share with me what lures colours you have found hot for eyes this year?

This year is tuff.....not herring much of one colour consistanly working....all over the chart........ive heard clown nose, watermelon, greasy chicken picking up a few ...everything i heard was all over the page yesterday....from depth of water, too how far down, to type and colour of lure, seems worm harness was catching mostly bass and sheep.
we were fishing out past the mud line which went out too 45' yesterday, but shoulda maybe went out too the 60-70' range

Port bruce...went straight out past mudline....set up and started heading west but later in the day we out in 54' in front of the windmills between bruce and burwell

most of the radio chatter sounded like out of burwell and they had slow day and really worked for every fish.....most of the boats we saw were 1-2 more miles out than us, but we were marking tons of fish in 20-30 range and a bunch 45'

i suggest you get a variety of colours.....riplinredfin....silver / blue , gold / black, yellow or perch pattern..........spoons, nascar, pinkpanties, yellowtail, blueberry muffin, greasy chicken, watermelon , and a glow clown nose
and that would give you a very good variety, then slowly increase your sellection of body baits and other spoon paterns........I take 300+ lures out with me, but a friend of mine owns less than 30 (above variety) and almost always catches a bunch of fish........when the walleye come in , in big numbers, i personal think speed and depth plays a bigger factor.....i'v had days that ever fish caught different lures and setups

So far all my hunting and fishing trips....seem like is 3 weeks behind, so i predict mid august -late september will be hot fishing

@Irish1983 I went out on Saturday and we caught both our walleye a on a pumpkin seed body bait with a big lip on it so it dives down around 20 feet by its self my uncle says it always works really good

last limit of pics was on thursday am on blue and silver reef runners...i have been using blue and silver body baits all month...bodybaits are more expensive then spoons..your cheaper ripplin redfins same colour was also catching walleyes this month...location is everything then getting out there at first light with your best presentation will give you the best chance to put 6 walleyes in the box

Ripplin red fins, NK28 spoons, Erie Deerie tipped with a worm. The fish seem to choose the color they prefer by the hour. The last trip they took a black spoon, blue/silver rippling red fin and a larger body bait in chartreuse.

out of 8 that have made the boat this season, half came on the silver blue rapala husky jerk .

my friend also mention that 5 out 10 on friday came from a bright yellow colored husky jerk .

I am finding that if I try and put a Redfin on a dipsy diver , the divers tend to release too quickly and with jet divers, the body baits throw them out of whack and they just scuttle to the surface. I do not have lead core yet, but I do have three way swivels and 2 oz trolling weights, which I have not tried yet. Would that work with a body bait to gain depth, if so, how do I know how deep I'm running? I have line counters for gauging depth. Thanks, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

i suggest you get a variety of colours.....riplinredfin....silver / blue , gold / black, yellow or perch pattern..........spoons, nascar, pinkpanties, yellowtail, blueberry muffin, greasy chicken, watermelon , and a glow clown nose
and that would give you a very good variety, then slowly increase your sellection of body baits and other spoon paterns........I take 300+ lures out with me, but a friend of mine owns less than 30 (above variety) and almost always catches a bunch of fish........when the walleye come in , in big numbers, i personal think speed and depth plays a bigger factor.....i'v had days that ever fish caught different lures and setups

So far all my hunting and fishing trips....seem like is 3 weeks behind, so i predict mid august -late september will be hot fishing
I hear about all of these colours and names for spoons, greasy chicken, blueberry muffin.......ect. What brand are these spoons, I am having trouble finding these colours... Thanks

I am finding that if I try and put a Redfin on a dipsy diver , the divers tend to release too quickly and with jet divers, the body baits throw them out of whack and they just scuttle to the surface. I do not have lead core yet, but I do have three way swivels and 2 oz trolling weights, which I have not tried yet. Would that work with a body bait to gain depth, if so, how do I know how deep I'm running? I have line counters for gauging depth. Thanks, didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Tighten the release screw a 1/4 turn on the dipsies and have at 'em. Also, a rubber snubber on your leader between the diver and lure is a good idea too.

Port bruce...went straight out past mudline....set up and started heading west but later in the day we out in 54' in front of the windmills between bruce and burwell
most of the radio chatter sounded like out of burwell and they had slow day and really worked for every fish.....most of the boats we saw were 1-2 more miles out than us, but we were marking tons of fish in 20-30 range and a bunch 45'

We were fishing the same area as you and the wife and I got skunked. Downrigging with Greasy Chicken and Nascar, Even tried Thundermist Lures with nightcrawlers, and still no bites. Got a bit of a sunburn though.lol
Did you hear that jerk that was on the radio swearing? What an azzhole.

the last two trips i went out almost every eye came off purple spoons and body baits only one came off a perch tail dancer, all before 830am too.. my hot lure is my Matzuo 4 out of 7 eyes this year so far here is a pic...

Attachments

• 1514579_10153505248527328_5386986111138203411_n.jpg
    1514579_10153505248527328_5386986111138203411_n.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 128
I hear about all of these colours and names for spoons, greasy chicken, blueberry muffin.......ect. What brand are these spoons, I am having trouble finding these colours... Thanks

fish4fun most of the spoons are nothern king, RAC spoons n Michigan stinger

Attachments

• 11018595_10153505248532328_8826728085671598000_n.jpg
    11018595_10153505248532328_8826728085671598000_n.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 73
greasy chicken pattern is made by silver streak and northern king, blueberr muffin is silverstreak how ever someone else makes a blueberry muffin but its different than the silver streak.
my personal preference is the silver streak, made by wolverine tackle. as well as moonshine & norhern king, but i have some of everything

We were fishing the same area as you and the wife and I got skunked. Downrigging with Greasy Chicken and Nascar, Even tried Thundermist Lures with nightcrawlers, and still no bites. Got a bit of a sunburn though.lol
Did you hear that jerk that was on the radio swearing? What an azzhole.
yes that jerk , even got worst when guys asked him to stop because kids were listening. we onlycaught silvers & sheep...one on greasy chicken....2 on worm harnes and 2 on harness with 4" shiner

Tighten the release screw a 1/4 turn on the dipsies and have at 'em. Also, a rubber snubber on your leader between the diver and lure is a good idea too.
Does it matter which end of the leader you put the snubber? Attach the snubber to the diver or to the body bait?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks