coast guard reports vessel sunk inner bay ?

hey Longgun...my pleasure to help....I would like to ad one thing.....if you have a dog put a jacket on him !!!!!

Thanks for sharing. It happens in a heart beat, glad you made it.

BD

Last edited by a moderator:
longgun...Thanks 4 sharing ...Just 2 add 2 the story,,,I was there & 1st I was very afraid 4 u'r friend after he went under the 1st time,,,2nd I was very very afraid when my boat nearly got swamped by all the weight on the back corner of my boat....also will add on my way in my motor started vibrating ...I couldn't figure out what had happened but I could still motor,so lets get in & figure out the problem latr,,, so on way in,( we were hunting with 2 boats) & my hunting partner says our 2nd boat had stopped,,I look over & c this light waving,so off we go 2 check out problem,,well when we came upon the boat in the dark with 3 guys (same # as our 2nd boat) I thought 4 sure it was my hunting buddies....it was quite a relief 2 c it wasn't them..... after we had all 3 guys on board,,now a crew of 5 on my loaded 16 ft Lund & lots of extra water frum u guys in the watr & all,,,,,when we started 2 motor I remember we got hit pretty gud by a couple of waves b4 I could get turned in2 the waves...(another scary moment) so on we go & part way in my motor starts 2 vibrate twice as bad & now we can motor only very slowly...when we finally get 2 boathouse watr is lowest I've seen this season & can't get all the way in,,so I lift the motor & u'r friend with waders on pulls us in the boathouse & I c what my motor problem is.....I got a composite prop this spring & 2 of the blades r gone.......All is gud tho as every1 got 2 shore & r still here 2 hunt another day..... Did u get anything returned?

A couple decs have been recovered. Nothing else sadly!
I was a little tired when you showed up the next night and was on my way out .. Had to work Friday. We will hook up some day for some beer & food ...will be on me!

Thanks again

Good news,, One gun and some decs were found in Selkirk… Not sure yet exactly where, and don't have them in hand yet.
But a friend of a friend heard a story about someone finding some stuff out that way, and we are tracking down the details.

Wow from long point to Selkirk. That's quite a trip. Shows how much a floating gun case can save.

I may be passing on old info but I was at Eli's in Simcoe on Friday and they said a customer had found a gun in a floating case at Nanticoke. It may be the one you already recovered but if not call Mike at Eli's and he can provide more detail.

Hey ship wrecked, going down to pick up the gun today,, and do some beach combing. Ill be stoping at the shop on our way down.
Ill post pics of the gun and report if we find anything...

We launched at Nanticoke, and walked, and boated the shoreline west as far as where the bulk of the cottages start close to port dover. About where New lake shore rd, meets Old Lakeshore Rd. On the way, we encountered another long point water fowler combing the shore line. He had found one of our Mallards, and informed me of one of our Cans up the beach a ways stuck in some branches. But that was all he had seen. There were some hunters shooting a small point off the south west corner of the Stelco property, and we stayed out from the beach to try not to disturb their hunt. Sorry if we messed You up… So we didn't get to check that part very well,, but I assume the guys hunting there would have seen anything if there was… The seat was found around the next point to the west of them, about half way between the Stelco conveyor and dover. along with the goose head. It was bizarre coming across it sticking out of the sand that way…..
We found another bluebill stuck in the rocks along the Stelco conveyor, then got kicked off by security. SO we went east to the other side of the power plant and found another couple of decoys along the beach in front of the cottages there, where the gun was found.
Thanks again Ted, for reporting the find to the gun store. Im still not sure how we found out about that. But i was able to clean all the rust off tonight, and oiled it up, Ill put her back together tomorrow and give it test. But I think it will be fine.
SO, it looks like thats all we will find, I imagine the bulk of the decoys were already picked up, and perhaps our amo boxes and cooler broke up and sank in the waves before reaching shore. There were wallets in both, so If they were found, I'm sure they would have been returned….

From the GPS, the gun was 44 Km from were it floated out of the boat. Now thats a commercial for a floating gun case.

Thanks again to everyone on here for the help,

Oh, by the way,, lots of birds out in the lake off naticoke, many of them were lawn darts and buffle head, but still some divers and green heads out there too.

I was out that afternoon in a 14ft grizzly. I came in early while it was still light seen you guys on the point! Glad ur ok!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks