Close call at Pottahawk

knotsobrite

Anchored in 10 ft of water at Pottahawk while perch fishing today ( 1330 hrs) in a 16 foot Tracker, a 24-25 ft go fast boat with a woman and guy in it going full speed just about hit us in the bow ; about 5 feet away . Two of us in the boat yelling and screaming were just about ready to jump and as his boat went by the bow before he finally saw us . As soon as he saw us he shut it down and turned around and came back to apologise . He said he didn't see us because we were in his blind spot but as he went by I could see he was watching the shore line looking for his buddies. What the hell is the matter with people . He shouldn't have been going so dam fast and he should have been watching were he was going . Name on the boat was "Lifes a beach" . Put a quick end to our day. headed home with about 60 keepers.

Sorry to hear about your almost mishap today knotsobrite. Maybe Lifes a beach should have your name. Lol.
At least you came home with a bunch of perch.

@knotsobrite : From a distance I seen that A/H flying low then slow down fast. Hope you gave him sh-t those JERKS NEED A TUNING IN. Glad it was a miss enjoy your perch…

I would stay well away from Pottahawk all weekend. Truck loads of parting a holes were arriving in town all day doing 80 plus in a 50 with people on the sidewalks.

Wow that is scary.

I'm not an anchor fishing person but I added a PA/Hailer to the boat this season for the "just in case" category of potential events on the water.

Crazy how some people miss the details they have to be aware of for safety for themselves and those around them. 🌻

I cross that area often running from St Williams to the Bluff or the Point, mostly during the week. Weekends can be a little crazy out there. Glad no one was hurt, it could have ended much worse. I think I will add an air horn to my safety kit.

Bad way to start a long weekend. No amount of apologies can bring back a life and I'm surprised he came back to offer his. Maybe... just maybe it smartened him up ?

I cross that area often running from St Williams to the Bluff or the Point, mostly during the week. Weekends can be a little crazy out there. Glad no one was hurt, it could have ended much worse. I think I will add an air horn to my safety kit.
I have one in my kit
But no way you have time to grab it and blow it before getting crunched in that situation

If I had the time I’d just move rather then blow a horn and wait and see if they hear it.

Glad to hear no one was hurt. Hate seeing close calls like that. I've watched a couple of fishermen jump out of 14 foot aluminum North West side of Pottahawk a few years ago, when a young girl drove her dads jetski right into it. Way to big for her to handle. Also noticed a larger boat under tow yesterday (Thursday) from Pottahawk around 5pm. Not sure what happen there. Likely engine trouble - just a guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Derkd9 : No time to move when they were at anchor, just Lady Luck HE missed them.. WOW will some people ever get a brain, he was flying low…..

For Sale custom rifle bow mounts $30 also bow mounts for night vision for aholes with no lights at night

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks