Camo Day 2013

Duck Soup

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Camo Day has been scheduled for Saturday September 14th. We meet at the Maintenance Garage at 8:30 to 9:00 am as usual. Hamburgers, hotdogs and pop will be provided at the noon BBQ. This will be followed by a short meeting to inform participants about any issues or changes.

Camo a blind and check out the marsh, especially your favourite hunting spots. The wild rice has spread in some areas and receded in others. Shooting post 31 was outside the marsh last year but it's almost 100 yards inside at exactly the same spot this year.

See you there!

What should I bring? Just waders? Or should I bring my boat? I'm new to hunting and only went once last year at long point had a great time, wanna give back for all the hunting ill be doing this year!

Boats are always key because the walks out generally get done first choice by a few people that dont have boats and get there early.
Waders and any cutting tool for the cattails, if your dont bring any the park will supply you with what ever you need

REMINDER
Camo day is this Saturday @ 9 am meet at the maintaince building
Dont forget everyone that attends will get in on the draw for a first reservation

Since water levels are back a bit, will B5 re-open this year?

Hey Mr. Donald , There was a meeting with CWS i have not heard the out come of the meeting but i would say it is a safe bet that we will have B5 open this year with the higher water levels

Guys
As Jonny already answered Camo day is open to everyone and everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend , this is a public Marsh . The LPWA supplies the BBQ and the food but again everyone is welcome to lunch as well as the meeting . The only thing i would add is that if you are not a member , Why are you not a member ? If you enjoy hunting the unit and want the unit to be there for years to come then Saturday will also be your day to join up and do your part to ensure its future . The LPWA is instrumental in keeping the unit open and in maintaining the marsh , Digging ponds , keeping the chanals open cleaning the ponds with the cookie cutter . As well as suppling hundreds of hours of volunteer labor to repairing and replacing blinds every spring . Memebreships will be available and we will be there to answer any questions you might have . There that is my speech for the day .
Glenn Hanson
LPWA director

Guys
As Jonny already answered Camo day is open to everyone and everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend , this is a public Marsh . The LPWA supplies the BBQ and the food but again everyone is welcome to lunch as well as the meeting . The only thing i would add is that if you are not a member , Why are you not a member ? If you enjoy hunting the unit and want the unit to be there for years to come then Saturday will also be your day to join up and do your part to ensure its future . The LPWA is instrumental in keeping the unit open and in maintaining the marsh , Digging ponds , keeping the chanals open cleaning the ponds with the cookie cutter . As well as suppling hundreds of hours of volunteer labor to repairing and replacing blinds every spring . Memebreships will be available and we will be there to answer any questions you might have . There that is my speech for the day .
Glenn Hanson
LPWA director

Thanks Jonny and Glen for your replies. I think I am going to come out to help and purchase a membership.

Jeff

Camo Day ended up being a huge success with all the blinds getting done. Some participants reported seeing huge flocks of BW teal in the marsh. Lets hope they stay and spread around a little bit for Heritage Day next Saturday morning.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks