Burwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like yesterdays 4pm forecast of 10Kts on shore dropped to 8kts. So that makes even better. Over the backs of waves heading out and heading back to port with a 180 degree wind change in direction.
Looking fwd to the fishing reports today.

It's actually a perfect day at Burwell. One and a half foot waves, light winds and tons of fish. Got our two-man limit in under 90 minutes and didn't start till almost 10am. Lots of nice fish today only threw three back. 8 color lead core and downriggers at 45 ft with various spoons and crankbaits did the trick at 3.0 to 3.5 mph

I’ve been there and try avoiding it. Lucky no lightning strikes for you guys that day. Sure it’s an adrenaline rush. Lightning can do more than make the hair on your neck and arms stand up! Safety first. Fishing second.

I’ve been there and try avoiding it. Lucky no lightning strikes for you guys that day. Sure it’s an adrenaline rush. Lightning can do more than make the hair on your neck and arms stand up! Safety first. Fishing second.
I hear you, could tell from the radar the storm was moving slow enough to get out for bit
And we actually came off the water when there was still approx 45min before the storm got on the water
Seems crazy stupid to some
But from my perspective it was calculated

Hotline Bling Drake GIF by moodman

It's actually a perfect day at Burwell. One and a half foot waves, light winds and tons of fish. Got our two-man limit in under 90 minutes and didn't start till almost 10am. Lots of nice fish today only threw three back. 8 color lead core and downriggers at 45 ft with various spoons and crankbaits did the trick at 3.0 to 3.5 mph
What fow were you in?

What FOW?

There it is - Windy updates back to 10kts on shore as of 2pm instead of 4pm. Those rollers should be building to 3 footer right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
There it is - Windy updates back to 10kts on shore as of 2pm instead of 4pm. Those rollers should be building to 3 footer right now.
curious if thats actaully happening.. so far its been lighter than whats forecasted.. and the buoy didnt give a 2pm update so it must of still been a light wind out there at for the 2 oclock hour.

@Derkd9 , is the bouy near shore? Drop the peg flag on windy. 10kts.
Stateside is calm - so is mid lake. But you have to get there and back to port. lol

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 3.24.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 3.24.50 PM.png
    965.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back