Burwell Tomorrow

If you chose not to go, you missed a great morning. Arrived to a rare sight, me, first boat at the ramp. Went to my normal starting point and we were fish on in 10 mins. The action was fast and furious for the first 2, 3 hours. Found a school and just worked it. We threw a bunch back had lots of double headers, and fish waiting on the floor to be triaged while the crew responded to the next twitching rod. Didn't count but well over 30 for the two of us. Lines up by 1.00 Rrr worked early on, but the bite switched to spoons. Bugs were pretty bad, especially once the wind died off. My latest acquisition had a busy morning. Coming back in someone took a wrong turn at Alberquque and got stuck on the sand bar to the west of the peir. Some very considerate boater heading out throttled up before the end of the peir and sent a nice wake getting this poor guy and his son more stuck. I was just about to throw them a tow line when they finally managed to get unstuck and head out.
Good for you for helping the boaters out 👍

@spincast I must have been just ahead of you coming in. Heard a motor rev way up, unusual in the river, turned around and saw the boat sideways where it shouldn't be.

That's two I've seen in recent days/weeks. 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks