Burwell Tomorrow

I'll tell ya this much. If I wake up in the morning and see what I'm seeing out my window right now......I'll delay, postpone, or cancel........NASTY lookin dark clouds out there right now......and we're under a severe thunderstorm warning for a line of storms that popped up over London and stretch all the way to Calendonia........
This is good news. It will get all of its raining/lightning done and out of its system tonight. All done by 5, 530 max.

-moose weather Inc.

That’s the best conditions to go in tho
You're almost as bad as I am. I'll go in the rain, but this thing is flashin and singin a bit.....and I won't sit out there in one of those.......rain yes......chance to get myself cooked and not in a good way....I'll pass...a lil crazy, maybe :wacky: but not stupid........that said, I'd love to be a storm chaser, but someone has informed me rather forcefully I might add, that I'm NOT allowed to do THAT.......;) Yep, she loves me........😊
Pbs Nature Storm GIF by Nature on PBS

You're almost as bad as I am. I'll go in the rain, but this thing is flashin and singin a bit.....and I won't sit out there in one of those.......rain yes......chance to get myself cooked and not in a good way....I'll pass...a lil crazy, maybe :wacky: but not stupid........that said, I'd love to be a storm chaser, but someone has informed me rather forcefully I might add, that I'm NOT allowed to do THAT.......;) Yep, she loves me........😊
Pbs Nature Storm GIF by Nature on PBS
Sounds like you just need better life insurance. My eulogy will be "smart play by @anonymoose"

I’m heading out tomorrow about 8-8:30. I think it should be ok. Looked like your “screenshot” was from ”windfinder” , the “3 day” screen can tell a better story sometimes. On another note got my boat back from the shop. The motor kept cutting out on the way in. Hope it’s ok. If you see a guy waving a life jacket from a blue “Alumacraft” don’t hesitate to come over and say hi !
From Bruce?

I'll tell ya this much. If I wake up in the morning and see what I'm seeing out my window right now......I'll delay, postpone, or cancel........NASTY lookin dark clouds out there right now......and we're under a severe thunderstorm warning for a line of storms that popped up over London and stretch all the way to Calendonia........
I'm at my trailer on Bruce right now and it's clear. When I did a drive by at 8pm the lake was fishable.

I'm at my trailer on Bruce right now and it's clear. When I did a drive by at 8pm the lake was fishable.
Sky is still flashing and singin every once in a while here at our place in London by the airport. Not raining very hard tho at the moment.

I haven't been trolling once this year.

Tomorrow morning is the only time I can get out for the next 2 weeks.

Saying chance of thunderstorm in the morning
View attachment 62322
Saying low wind though:
View attachment 62323

I need you guys to just tell me that it won't rain tomorrow so that I book the day off and go fishing.
My first day home in 2 1/2 weeks. Rain or shine baby. I ain't gonna melt!!

We took a run at it this evening. 5 foot on shore rollers with a shift in wind from the west made it challenging!
Decided to pull early and return another day for calmer waters. Lady Erie wins yet again.
Hope it settles down for you by the AM - tomorrow.
tight lines all.

We watched storms roll through over London /Woodstock direction - while bobbing like a cork between rollers out of Burwell tonight.
Lady Erie was to settle down to 4 kts, yet it seemed to just shift the 9kts 90 degrees from West.
Never settled down. :-(

port burwell forecast.png
Radar shows T-storms moving through early this morning and (so far) clearing. The Windfinder map view shows some interesting wind patterns off Port Bruce / Burwell / Longpoint, but this says go time for me with amore causal start to the day

Last edited:
I’ve been away and haven’t been out in almost 3 weeks I’m leaving after work at 2 from Cambridge good luck to those that get out this morning any reports would be greatly appreciated give me a FOW starting point

Rumbling pretty good right now, that probably kills my plans!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220805-055601_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220805-055601_Chrome.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 10
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks