Fishing Report Burwell Day with Rogers type crap going on....Thursday July 14

G.Mech

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Started our day at 8:00am just west in 48 fow and struggled with technical issues (mostly self induced) for the first two hours and only boated two fish. Just like Rogers, I'm not offering any explanations for all the problems but we finally got fishing by about 10am and worked from 48-55 fow and everything was dead. We got off our routine, changed baits, slowed down and nothing was working. Finally about 1:00 we hit the RESET and went in shallow where the cooler stained water is, sped back up and it was game on. We hit 40-43 fow just east of port, 3.2-3.5mph with 5,6,7 colour leadcore and a couple of size 40 jets producing 3 man limit of nice walleye with a bunch of smalleyes thrown back. Greasy chicken wing, blueberry muffin, and double orange crush spoons were best (likely due to the high speeds) but redfins also got a few fish. Got a few nice rainbows as well although they are not our target species. After a really sh!tty start we managed to salvage a fun day although it was a long one. 18 walleye and one rainbow came home from the lake. There is a very definite thermocline setting up right around 35 feet now everywhere I checked and fishing too deep wasn't productive at all.

PXL_20220714_173452181.jpgPXL_20220714_171704745.jpgPXL_20220714_202203720.jpg

Last edited:
Started our day at 8:00am just west in 48 fow and struggled with technical issues (mostly self induced) for the first two hours and only boated two fish. Just like Rogers, I'm not offering any explanations for all the problems but we finally got fishing by about 10am and worked from 48-55 fow and everything was dead. We got off our routine, changed baits, slowed down and nothing was working. Finally about 1:00 we hit the RESET and went in shallow where the cooler stained water is, sped back up and it was game on. We hit 40-43 fow just east of port, 3.2-3.5mph with 5,6,7 colour leadcore and a couple of size 40 jets producing 3 man limit of nice walleye with a bunch of smalleyes thrown back. Greasy chicken wing, blueberry muffin, and double orange crush spoons were best (likely due to the high speeds) but redfins also got a few fish. Got a few nice rainbows as well although they are not our target species. After a really sh!tty start we managed to salvage a fun day although it was a long one. 18 walleye and one rainbow came home from the lake. There is a very definite thermocline setting up right around 35 feet now everywhere I checked and fishing too deep wasn't productive at all.

View attachment 60339View attachment 60340View attachment 60341
Thanks @G.Mech

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks