Fishing Report Aug 31 Nanticoke.

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Got out for a solo run for the last couple hrs of the day to test the waters around nanticoke. Only 2 trailers in the lawn.
530-830pm. Water was pretty stable with just a hard ripple.
6/9 walleye. 1 sheep 1 white bass. Smithwick10s on 3&4color was the medicine. 2.7-3mph. Water temp was holding at 77.7°f. 20210831_185549.jpg20210831_200736.jpg20210831_232203.jpg20210831_233324.jpg
My senior fishing buddy went to burwell with his daughter this evening and gave me a report with his findings when he got made it back..
430-8pm. 4 riggers down 42-48ft,10-20ft leads with wackem custom redfins(emerlds #1!). Fished 60 out to 64 and back. Boated 18. Lost a half dozen. cut and cooled a dozen. No sheep no bass no bows. 2.7-3mph. He also made sure to mention "the flies" . I guess they were on the bite pretty good over there today.

Looks like you werent that deep if that freighter was in its staging spot six granf

Nicely done! A good looking batch of fish. Glad it’s starting to pick up over here, will be giving it a go this weekend, hopefully.

That's some good fishing for that spot this year... Good job... I need some lessons... :)

Ditto for jammer's remarks. Not much success reported from Nanticoke and the Elbow area. Tried twice this season and came up empty.

Great outing! Finally we are getting more positive stuff from Nanticoke. May go there Saturday. What depth did you get these at?

Got out for a solo run for the last couple hrs of the day to test the waters around nanticoke. Only 2 trailers in the lawn.
530-830pm. Water was pretty stable with just a hard ripple.
6/9 walleye. 1 sheep 1 white bass. Smithwick10s on 3&4color was the medicine. 2.7-3mph. Water temp was holding at 77.7°f. View attachment 49052View attachment 49049View attachment 49053View attachment 49050
My senior fishing buddy went to burwell with his daughter this evening and gave me a report with his findings when he got made it back..
430-8pm. 4 riggers down 42-48ft,10-20ft leads with wackem custom redfins(emerlds #1!). Fished 60 out to 64 and back. Boated 18. Lost a half dozen. cut and cooled a dozen. No sheep no bass no bows. 2.7-3mph. He also made sure to mention "the flies" . I guess they were on the bite pretty good over there today.
Looks like the more natural colors were working

Awesome!!! We went out but we’re quickly turned back by the flies…. They were relentless and was unfishable for us. Any secrets on keeping the flies at bay?

I’ve heard bacon grease works. Gives you that Coppertone tan in a quick hurry as well, I suppose…
Seriously though, they can be an MFer trolling around at 3mph….

Awesome!!! We went out but we’re quickly turned back by the flies…. They were relentless and was unfishable for us. Any secrets on keeping the flies at bay?
Had only 2 flys in my boat last evening which I quickly dispatched with a rag. I heard a fell on the radio (killer instinct) conversing with a fella about how bad the flies were at the elbow. The way he was talking they covered his boat by the hundreds if not thousands! Yet the fella he was talking with on the radio had no clue what he was talking about.."hmm! no flies over here". Also where ever killer's buddy was fishing he pulled 19eyes in the am and 18 that eveing. Didnt catch what depth he was fishing or what area..didnt ask either.
My buddy at burwell was telling the
the same story, Hundreds of flies!

I was the other guy on the radio …. Without the 18x fish ! Lol

But our boat was covered in them too. So bad that we put a few lines in while doing a dance and decided to say screw it!

I keep two fly swatters on the boat, plus I keep a couple cans of bug spray with the heavy deet formula. Bug spray works the best.

I was the other guy on the radio …. Without the 18x fish ! Lol

But our boat was covered in them too. So bad that we put a few lines in while doing a dance and decided to say screw it!
Not long after i got set up i heard the radio chatter about the flies. I remember looking around in the sky fearfully as if to spot a swarm or something fixing to take me out next Lol!!
Sound like it was bad news further away from shore.

Had only 2 flys in my boat last evening which I quickly dispatched with a rag. I heard a fell on the radio (killer instinct) conversing with a fella about how bad the flies were at the elbow. The way he was talking they covered his boat by the hundreds if not thousands! Yet the fella he was talking with on the radio had no clue what he was talking about.."hmm! no flies over here". Also where ever killer's buddy was fishing he pulled 19eyes in the am and 18 that eveing. Didnt catch what depth he was fishing or what area..didnt ask either.
My buddy at burwell was telling the
the same story, Hundreds of flies!
Killer's buddy was perch fishing. His share of perch in the am with his 2 buddies was 19. Took his wife out in the evening and caught 18 more perch.

Killer's buddy was perch fishing. His share of perch in the am with his 2 buddies was 19. Took his wife out in the evening and caught 18 more perch.
Oh i see. 19&18 eyes was wishful thinking on my end. And thanks for the correction.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks