Anyone else listening to doug ford?

I've had some time since this thread was first posted and I've thought about the title, "anyone else listening to Doug Ford?" I'm NOT going to get into the debate over whether any of this is constitutional or not. This isn't the place for that debate. But I will agree that on all levels, government has dropped the ball and failed us, in no small part because they insist on playing the game of pass the buck instead of accepting the responsibility for their failures.

But when I thought about the title of this thread, I found myself wondering, has anyone ever really been listening to him at all? I know it's asking a lot and I am by no means a fan of ole Doug, but maybe if more people had listened to him throughout all of this, maybe we wouldn't be where we find ourselves again, which is back where we were last year at this time.

When I don't over think it, all that was announced yesterday is.............. the already in place stay at home order has been extended an extra two weeks from when it was first issued this time, meaning we're already a week into it, so there's only 5 more weeks of it to go providing they don't extend it again. Instead of lifting it on May 6, they're now projecting to lift it May 20, just before the long weekend.

The other thing they announced was they're giving law enforcement more authority to enforce the stay at home order IF necessary, which by all accounts so far, most law enforcement has indicated they will proceed as they have been, enforcing ONLY when necessary. Everything else stays the same. Wear a mask, 6ft apart etc etc...

Don't think there are to many listening. Saturday morning 10am Don Valley and 401. Taking grandkids back home from there weeks stay in Tillsonburg for spring break. Still another hr away. It's always a shitty drive though that city but not as bad as usual.

Attachments

• IMG_20210417_132515.jpg
    IMG_20210417_132515.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 21
is this quoted as of the latest announcement by Ford yesterday?

The new order issued last night specifically prohibits marinas from allowing recreational boat launching. I am totally in disagreement, and despise it in it's entirety, but there it is!.

Just returned home from Port Glasgow, their putting up the concrete blocks in front of the launches. They left the west one open so boaters that are out can get their boats out. After the parking lots empty their blocking them all.

The new order issued last night specifically prohibits marinas from allowing recreational boat launching. I am totally in disagreement, and despise it in it's entirety, but there it is!.

What, where? Can you link to this? I haven't seen anything specific except stay at home.

Okay well I found it... absolute f'n bullsh!t. Meanwhile, parks get reopened due to public backlash.... best we start a petition, there is no reason to close boat launches if the restrictions are meant to reduce public gatherings.... DUMB AS s Fords own words, https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ontario-police-checks-covid19-1.5991872
0 chance for marinas or public ramps to open
Boaters and fisherman have a small voice on deaf ears, but if you could convince all the media outlets to report on it with positive feedback unfortunately no chance on that as its not scary, sensationalized news
I believe by opening marinas / ramps that is a invitation to leave your home and region as many of us don't live by the lake / lakes to go there ,and that not going to happen either
I say this with a bad taste in my mouth that they left residential construction keep going aldo it's good for me and able to go to work and earn a living and not be collecting government handouts, one should not fear that a government won't let you work and make you lose everything one worked for in their life

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks