Anybody ever use rapala tail dancers? Troll to 30'

Pinchel

Looking for reviews on these body baits. They claim to troll to 30'.

I use them all the time tiger green and the tiger orange work real well for me I run them on a flat line with braid .the work real good in the bay of quinte

Thanks for the review. I was in Canadian tire and they had a big box of rapalas on clearance and picked a few up for $3.99 figured I couldn't go wrong.

I use them at Port Glasgow . Don't no if they go 30' feet . I run then about 250 ' behind on the planer board mast. They do catch fish .

They work great. If you use fire line or something similar they will run forty feet. I haved used the on Quinte with snap weights to get to sixty feet.

Cheers, Clark

Well by the sounds of it I may have to run back tommorow and see what they have left. For $4 I can't go wrong.

I've used them and usually have three deep diving Tail Dancers in different colours with me when we troll for walleye. I've never had great success with them but they usually catch a few. To date they have never been the hot lure of choice but picking that killer lure doesn't happen nearly as often as we would like. It sure is fun when it does happen. I added another colour for 2014.

They work very well long lined 200+ back...I find later in the season they can use added weight to go deeper and catch fish when used on lead core (yes you heard right lead core ). Probably got 50% of our fish last year on that combo in 55-65 fow.
I just bought one today at the CT here in St T but I would really like to know where that store is with the clearance bin ! Best colours were purpledescent (purple over white) and the gold perch with orange belly - my clown flash one was surrendered to the deep last season but had caught several fish in years past & I can't seem to find a replacement. These ones I've used are all the big TDD-11 ones.

Bill

yeah ill let the store slip out of my mouth tomorrow after I return from my trip to get a few more. hahaha they had a ton of them. Also had ones that trolled to 10,15 and 20 feet deep according to boxes. These are indeed the TDD-11 ones.

if you want something that runs deep and catches fish you cant go wrong with a few hot lips in your box

Tail Dancers work fairly well but I have a lot more luck on Reef Runners which also run deep. Both work real well on the lead core when the walleye and bows are deeper as @BillpStT stated above.

I have used tail dancers exclusively on my planer boards since their inception. The Whale Bone III does not leave port without a good selection of tail dancers. If you put out 50 feet and then attach a 1 oz snap weight they will hit bottom at 40+ fow.

Back