any birds being had?

ship wrecked

Is anyone getting birds at the lake? Many around?

Hello Ship Wrecked,

See my response to Donc ... plenty of birds in the Inner Bay if you can persuade them to come by your decoy spread.

My neighbour is out nearly every day sometimes twice the same day but only getting the odd duck.

I hope to have a layout boat for next year to compliment my Big Rig ... that will be five boats in total!

Jerome

We were out on the inner bay without success. Lots of divers rafting but few puddlers to be seen. Seen lots of geese but they were all over big creek heading towards land.

I hunt the lake shore on several spots. There's a lot of bluebills, buffies, etc around. Quite decoys shy. The birds have been getting pounded as there seems to be more hunters out this late season with the nice weather we've had.

Had a good river hunt yesterday with my son

http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac155/barenn/Hunting%20Dec%202011/

Hey Brent what kinda birds you get? We got 12 geese thurs east of Jarvis http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa86/drinkinbox/121.jpg

Mallards, there were piles of blacks and mers,,, missed out on some geese, flew over quietly and was to late, foggy

I got out with a friend to start the New Year off right. It was blowing like crazy so the lake was a touch wild and we had to move our decoys several times as the wind shifted.

We managed to take home nine birds in a mixed bag. Several of them were prime specimens.

IMG_6409.jpg

Blackberry051.jpg

IMG_6415.jpg

Paul

quote:
Originally posted by ship wrecked

hey thats fast grass can you still buy that at the lake ?

That is fast grass! The only place I know that carries it is G&K Archery in Wallaceburg. They sell it by the sheet at a very fair price.

The stuff that Bass Pro sells is poor quality beside real fast grass.

Paul

Beautiful birds. Congratulate. Makes me wanted go down there and hunt. What four other birds did you have? Curious, curious, curious.

Hey Paul ,make sure you tell them those aren't Long Point birds but good to see that LSC is still holding lots of birds as usual

quote:
Originally posted by ship wrecked

well didn't get out the last 2 days...seen lots of local geese flying around.. LSC where and when how?

Last hunt was Jan 1, 2012 at Mitchell's Bay. Pictures were posted.

Did anyone else get out to end the season?

Paul

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks