AGM

sonnyuphi

Has a date been set for the AGM yet ? Also is there a copy of the minutes from the Director's meetings available ? Has an agenda been set yet ? When can we put forward any topics etc to be discussed at the AGM ?

The AGM is tentatively set for Sunday April 22nd at Bird Studies Canada. No agenda exists thus far but the objective is to get the AGM invitations out to members in early March. As usual, the meeting is open to anyone interested. Members can request meeting minutes.

Hey Arnie is it me or are we having the meeting later than normal .I remember there being ice on the Bay at times although the question this year is will there ever be ice on the Bay!! Feel bad for all the people who depend on the ice fishing devotees for income during the winter months it is a tough year for them as well as the ski slope operators .

Hi Sonny, Yeah, it's later than normal. We had scheduled the meeting for the 8th but when we got our 2012 calendars we realized that was Easter Sunday. After a lot of scrambling we deferred to the 22nd. Assume that will stick. People often have other obligations Easter weekend. I just read an article in the Simcoe Reformer about the impact of "No Ice" on people like Jim Granger, Darren Propper and Jimmy Carroll.

quote:
Originally posted by sonnyuphi

Hey Arnie is it me or are we having the meeting later than normal .I remember there being ice on the Bay at times although the question this year is will there ever be ice on the Bay!! Feel bad for all the people who depend on the ice fishing devotees for income during the winter months it is a tough year for them as well as the ski slope operators .

Here's a link to the article

http://www.simcoereformer.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3467771

Hi,

I feel like some directors are most likely to look at this. I've emailed Jim Malcolm a few times, but without success lately. My name is Justin Miller and I am working on completing my masters in the management of the Long Point area wetlands. I'd like to interview the LPWA as a stewardship agency and would like to invite the LPWA (or a director with half an hour or so of time) to act as a respondent If you can help me in any way, my e-mail address is:
jmille10@uoguelph.ca.
I plan on attending the FIsh and Game yard sale next weekend if anyone would like to meet there.

Thank-you,
Justin Miller

Coincidentally, I'd also like to interview someone from the Fish and Game club as a stewardship agency as well.

Thanks again,
Justin Miller

I had a great chat with three older gentlemen who sat on the Elgin County stewardship committee. They looked after a bunch of properties that would interest you.

Paul

Hello Justin,

I think that Jim Malcolm is usually down south at this time of the year.

I will e-mail you regarding the LPFG club executive.

Jerome

PS OCLP ... be nice!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks