A fantastic day,(Saturday,January 5/19),spent with @Extra Virgin ???

@Extra Virgin, team Red Virgin can only go up from where team Red Wave finished. It does seem kinda quick for @Red Hering to drop @Wave Runner as a fishing partner, but, with that USB-powered lure in your quiver, it's understandable.
@stomp I haven’t dropped @Wave Runner as a fishing partner. @Extra Virgin and I were just talking about fishing for pike together,and the pike classic tournament wasn’t mentioned at all.But @Extra Virgin and I would likely make a great team if we fished a Long Point Bay Pike Classic together,and we will partner up for one of these pike classic’s sometime if @Extra Virgin would like to team up.We also shared a lot of fishing information together.It was a great day all around to spend together. (y):)12B675D7-DB6F-4202-A5F0-CF7B2D7B5BEF.jpeg

Last edited:
Like @Red Hering mentioned, just trade secrets discussed & no plans of fishing a pike derby this year for this overtime workin' "fisherman". I only have enough time right now to stir the pot with you guys as I am currently booking three months in advance to just possibly sleep in past 8am on a weekend :eek:

@Red Hering , maybe trade a few of those Redfins for a Red Devil or a 5 of Diamonds, sumth'in a pike might hit ???:p
LOL :ROFLMAO: @stomp!! I just looked through all of my daredevil lure collection,and I seem to be missing the 5 of diamonds!! :cautious: You wouldn’t still have “MY” 5 of diamonds daredevil lure would you @stomp?? :unsure:You know the one that I loaned you and that you used to win the last 2 Long Point Bay Pike Classic’s.:whistle:;) LOL :ROFLMAO:Please return my 5 of diamonds ASAP before the next Pike Classic,and have a fantastic day @stomp.(lol!!). :ROFLMAO:;)(y):)502C5D8F-60D9-4692-AD79-3579DB5DE980.jpeg

Last edited:
LOL!!! @Red Hering… looks like $400 worth of Red Fins at todays prices. :D
For sure @Wave Runner!! I love this time of year while waiting for the ice fishing season to start.It gives me an opportunity to go through my salmon,walleye,trout etc.,lure’s and other fishing tackle to downsize and sell at one of the upcoming tackle swap at one of the fishing club’s that I am a member of.Here is a photo of some of my Great Lakes lure’s,(new in packages),that I am looking through right now,to downsize a bit,and selling some of them,and others that I have,at the tackle swap this winter.(y):)92EE8DF4-36B5-4C32-A1F8-774154455A6D.jpeg

Last edited:
nice selection of shiny new redfins @Red Hering..
just to share.. a fishin buddy has a multi colour large selection of redfins...alot of the older colours...usually once a season we go out and use the redfins besides the copper spoons.. usually we go in august for offshore pods of rainbows..well we haven't made it out the last 2 seasons because of soupy lake erie with record warm temps and no trout in our usual spots...hey no complaints...I will say.. over all.. his blue & silver with the orange belly redfin was our best for redfins on our boat.. I guess @mick I need to use my ripplin redfin’s a lot more,because my paint hasn’t come off the lure’s yet!! LOL :ROFLMAO:;)(y):)
he did alot of trading & buying off ebay for his redfin collection...

most of my 20+ redfins have lost a lot of colour...after heavy use the paint comes off like tin foil...I was thinking box them up & send them back to the manufacturer with note attached send me some new ones!..dont ya think..lol

just to comment on your comparable pike bait @Extra Virgin ...we were up at bear camp outside longlac last spring... there was 2 pro anglers from michigan at camp with over 20+ plus years fishin the areas waters for pike & walleye...the one guy uses the firetiger rapala exclusively for both trolling the lakes & rivers...he says thats his best spring bait..especially for big pike..I seen his crushed firetiger souvenirs in his tacklebox...they were wooden splinters...he does replace the rear hook with a large quality single hook ..and they have landed some monsters...seen some impressive photos..

been on the carribean sea since nov. 21...were switchin coasts & takin a jet SSW in 10 more days and will be on the pacific...and its all good..
Shiny new redfin’s is right @mick. I will be selling some of those plus some shiny new salmon,bass,walleye,trout lure’s at a tackle swap being held this winter at a fishing club that I am a member of.I have a lure addiction that,when I know that a lure works really well for me,I buy a few of those,because I have this fear that the company that makes them,will stop producing them again.It has happened to me,where I could not find that lure again,after losing it to a fish or getting it snagged,etc. I am a “Lure Hoarder!!” “Aaahhh!!” LOL
nice selection of shiny new redfins @Red Hering..
just to share.. a fishin buddy has a multi colour large selection of redfins...alot of the older colours...usually once a season we go out and use the redfins besides the copper spoons.. usually we go in august for offshore pods of rainbows..well we haven't made it out the last 2 seasons because of soupy lake erie with record warm temps and no trout in our usual spots...hey no complaints...I will say.. over all.. his blue & silver with the orange belly redfin was our best for redfins on our boat..
he did alot of trading & buying off ebay for his redfin collection...

most of my 20+ redfins have lost a lot of colour...after heavy use the paint comes off like tin foil...I was thinking box them up & send them back to the manufacturer with note attached send me some new ones!..dont ya think..lol

just to comment on your comparable pike bait @Extra Virgin ...we were up at bear camp outside longlac last spring... there was 2 pro anglers from michigan at camp with over 20+ plus years fishin the areas waters for pike & walleye...the one guy uses the firetiger rapala exclusively for both trolling the lakes & rivers...he says thats his best spring bait..especially for big pike..I seen his crushed firetiger souvenirs in his tacklebox...they were wooden splinters...he does replace the rear hook with a large quality single hook ..and they have landed some monsters...seen some impressive photos..

been on the carribean sea since nov. 21...were switchin coasts & takin a jet SSW in 10 more days and will be on the pacific...and its all good..

Last edited:
I got more redfins with same battle scars counting my black & gold ones...cotton cordell says they will replace them...hooks are weakened too..i have sharpened them countless times...as they are average to poor quality too..
they are effective off the riggers..

Last edited:
I got more redfins with same battle scars counting my black & gold ones...cotton cordell says they will replace them...hooks are weakened too..i have sharpened them countless times...as they are average to poor quality too..
they are effective off the riggers..
Yikes!! :eek: @mick!! I have never seen ripplin redfin’s look that bad before!! :oops: It’s good to know though that cotton cordell will replace your ripplin redfin’s,and I will keep that in mind,just in case my ripplin redfin’s and other cotton cordell lure’s that I have,are loosing their paint. Thanks for sharing that information,and I am looking forward to be using my ripplin redfin’s this season out on lake erie and on lake huron for walleye’s and trout and salmon.Tight Lines & Fish On in 2019!! (y):cool:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks