A fantastic day,(Saturday,January 5/19),spent with @Extra Virgin ???

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Thanks so much again for the invite @Extra Virgin,I had such a great time today,which included meeting up with your friend in St. Thomas at a local Tim Hortons who makes and sells the perch rigs.A stop at Dixie Tackle,(St.Thomas),(y)after Tim Hortons was also nice as well,and then from there,a stop at Angling Outfitters west of Woodstock.While @Extra Virgin and I were at Angling Outfitters,to check out the perch rigs,we met up with @bosco who was stocking up the shelves with “new lure’s” that have just recently arrived.All in all a great day today @Extra Virgin,and it was great to see you again,since December 3/18,at the last lowrance seminar at Angling Outfitters.I am looking forward to be fishing with you this year for walleye’s,pike,etc.,basically whatever is biting.Talk soon & Tight Lines!! (y):)

Attachments

• 2B516301-641C-4029-A847-6821A70F290B.jpeg
    2B516301-641C-4029-A847-6821A70F290B.jpeg
    533.9 KB · Views: 171
  • 42714C87-EC19-41D9-BFFF-2B57749F6E5F.jpeg
    42714C87-EC19-41D9-BFFF-2B57749F6E5F.jpeg
    699.3 KB · Views: 174
  • E39F7373-D328-46A9-95F7-3F8A4D1274F7.jpeg
    E39F7373-D328-46A9-95F7-3F8A4D1274F7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 174
  • 760C560B-3E16-4DCF-A2EE-F844FCE6842B.jpeg
    760C560B-3E16-4DCF-A2EE-F844FCE6842B.jpeg
    771.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 1D53B6FE-1101-4812-99D9-6CCA1D05E8CF.jpeg
    1D53B6FE-1101-4812-99D9-6CCA1D05E8CF.jpeg
    799.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 72A48469-64EF-4B97-A3BD-1AD3C4B4F201.jpeg
    72A48469-64EF-4B97-A3BD-1AD3C4B4F201.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 172
  • 48532F80-5FAE-4BDD-A906-215330918840.jpeg
    48532F80-5FAE-4BDD-A906-215330918840.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 173
  • 6D0D1E9A-C74E-4B8D-A76B-2B7B9D2505C9.jpeg
    6D0D1E9A-C74E-4B8D-A76B-2B7B9D2505C9.jpeg
    798.2 KB · Views: 167
It was a great day to spend time at some of our local tackle shops on a soft water January. Looks like we will have to make a road trip north to hard water fish this year, or a late winter early spring perch/pike run in our boats on Erie (y) All in all a good day with a fellow 6-8 friend. And as promised I didn't return you home late, after the street lights came on all hopped up on sugar not wanting to sleep when its bedtime....... just don't say anything about the bouncy castle or cotton candy :angelic: and our wives will never know!

It was a great day to spend time at some of our local tackle shops on a soft water January. Looks like we will have to make a road trip north to hard water fish this year, or a late winter early spring perch/pike run in our boats on Erie (y) All in all a good day with a fellow 6-8 friend. And as promised I didn't return you home late, after the street lights came on all hopped up on sugar not wanting to sleep when its bedtime....... just don't say anything about the bouncy castle or cotton candy :angelic: and our wives will never know!
Bouncy castle o_Oor cotton candy o_O LOL @Extra Virgin!! Yes,a hard water trip up North,or even catching walleye’s,perch on Lake Erie with our boats,or even pike on the long point bay area sounds fantastic as well.(y):)

Man... Did not realize that was you guys that were causing a DISTURBANCE at Jos's????? LOL I was over with Monty working an on a fish finder when you guys were creating a DISTURBANCE... :p:D:cool:
Sorry about the DISTURBANCE...:p:D;) @Loonietoon LOL :giggle: I do remember seeing you there now that I have looked at your avatar.That is another reason why we should have a “Meet & Greet” sometime in the near future,so that we can recognize members from @stomp website. Myself,(@Red Hering),and @bosco and @Extra Virgin,is that we all actually talked about it yesterday,while we were there at Angling Outfitters about a “Meet and Greet.” I text @stomp this morning,and @bosco was going to do the same,and to see what @stomp response will be about having a “Meet and Greet.” We hopefully will have an 81476D9D-0E38-44E7-9E38-FA673BB2E8E6.jpegupdate on this later.:)(y)

Last edited:
happy to read you guys made it over for a look at the dixie dairy bar in st.thomas...what do ya think of the tackle selection in the back of the store? looks like the walls needs a little restocking for the coming fishin season?.. I was in there last november and bought my deer licence and noticed a new owner..seemed like a friendly guy...the blondie that owned it before offered a decent selection on what fisherman wanted...she would also order in something specific you wanted in a couple days...hopefully that continues with the new owner...I don't buy alot of tackle ..but when i do need something replaced I try to support the dixie dairy bar & also lambeth rod & tackle with a purchase...
and as far as pricing.. that U.S. dollar is still making it tough on us canadian consumers...whats a quote on a plastic ripplin redfin these days..way to high...

Last edited:
happy to read you guys made it over for a look at the dixie dairy bar in st.thomas...what do ya think of the tackle selection in the back of the store? looks like the walls needs a little restocking for the coming fishin season?.. I was in there last november and bought my deer licence and noticed a new owner..seemed like a friendly guy...the blondie that owned it before offered a decent selection on what fisherman wanted...she would also order in something specific you wanted in a couple days...hopefully that continues with the new owner...I don't buy alot of tackle ..but when i do need something replaced I try to support the dixie dairy bar & also lambeth rod & tackle with a purchase...
and as far as pricing.. that U.S. dollar is still making it tough on us canadian consumers...whats a quote on a plastic ripplin redfin these days..way to high...
For sure @mick,the walls definitely do need a little restocking,and they looked the same as the last time that I was there at the dixie dairy bar in late September.That day I was looking for more “Hot Spoons” such as the “pink panties” for walleye’s on Lake Erie,but again they were out of stock then,and are still now.The new owners name is Kelvin,and he was nice to chat with while @Extra Virgin & myself were there.Yes,the ripplin Redfin are definitely way too high in a few places,and it does help to look around first.The regular ripplin redfin are priced just under $10!! :oops: the custom made ripplin redfin are just over $13.00!!:oops:,that I have noticed since early last year in some of the tackle store’s.A couple of photo’s from the inside of the dixie dairy bar,from last saturday january 5/19.(y):)8C5ADA84-7D43-42F8-96E1-52348539E7FA.jpeg17B4FA27-4108-4E7C-A7B5-1ED19C6F932E.jpeg

thanks @Red Hering for the dixe dairy bar info and the ripplin redfin quote....oh ya.. don't forget the hot spoons...maybe some day i will run in to team redwave off stanley or at the launch this season...you never know...lol
just a thought.. don't forget the early erie rainbows up high in june...

thanks @Red Hering for the dixe dairy bar info and the ripplin redfin quote....oh ya.. don't forget the hot spoons...maybe some day i will run in to team redwave off stanley or at the launch this season...you never know...lol
just a thought.. don't forget the early erie rainbows up high in june...
Thanks for the tip @mick about the erie rainbows being up high in june,I will definitely give them a try this year off Port Bruce or near Port Stanley,or anywhere they are being caught.Here is a photo of two ripplin redfin’s that I have bought recently.I made a mistake on my last post on the price of a regular ripplin redfin(on the left),being under $10,but actually in some tackle store’s they are over $10!! :oops: and the custom painted ripplin redfin(on the right) are over $13!! OUCH!! :oops: But I am still thinking :unsure: of downsizing and selling some of my ripplin redfin’s,(last photo),F9EB6366-D3C9-4179-BF39-1E8C192EE420.jpeg5BFF460F-BE15-42AA-AAA8-79F80593CFE4.jpegnow that I know which colour works the best for me. (y):)

For sure @mick,the walls definitely do need a little restocking,and they looked the same as the last time that I was there at the dixie dairy bar in late September ,2018,(first photo),with many empty space’s on the wall behind me,where the new spoons have not been restocked since last September!! That day I was looking for more “Hot Spoons” such as the “pink panties” for walleye’s on Lake Erie,but again they were out of stock then,and are still now.The new owners name is Kelvin,and he was nice to chat with while @Extra Virgin & myself were there.Yes,the ripplin Redfin are definitely way too high in a few places,and it does help to look around first.The regular ripplin redfin are priced just under $10!! :oops: the custom made ripplin redfin are just over $13.00!!:oops:,that I have noticed since early last year in some of the tackle store’s.A couple of photo’s from the inside of the dixie dairy bar,from last saturday january 5/19.(y):)View attachment 12028View attachment 12029

Been trading some story's of what pike hit & where on our road trip. Got quite a few bent hooks that need replacing from those angry beasts.

IMG_20190107_2304561.jpg

You never know come spring time. Might just be a team Red Virgin at the spring pike tourney?

Guess who's got his secret weapon on trickle charge for the winter? Bonnets off come softwater season :punch:
IMG_20190107_2306098.jpg

Thanks for the tip @mick about the erie rainbows being up high in june,I will definitely give them a try this year off Port Bruce or near Port Stanley,or anywhere they are being caught.Here is a photo of two ripplin redfin’s that I have bought recently.I made a mistake on my last post on the price of a regular ripplin redfin(on the left),being under $10,but actually in some tackle store’s they are over $10!! :oops: and the custom painted ripplin redfin(on the right) are over $13!! OUCH!! :oops: But I am still thinking :unsure: of downsizing and selling some of my ripplin redfin’s,(last photo),View attachment 12032View attachment 12033now that I know which colour works the best for me. (y):)

LOL!!! @Red Hering… looks like $400 worth of Red Fins at todays prices. :D

nice selection of shiny new redfins @Red Hering..
just to share.. a fishin buddy has a multi colour large selection of redfins...alot of the older colours...usually once a season we go out and use the redfins besides the copper spoons.. usually we go in august for offshore pods of rainbows..well we haven't made it out the last 2 seasons because of soupy lake erie with record warm temps and no trout in our usual spots...hey no complaints...I will say.. over all.. his blue & silver with the orange belly redfin was our best for redfins on our boat..
he did alot of trading & buying off ebay for his redfin collection...

most of my 20+ redfins have lost a lot of colour...after heavy use the paint comes off like tin foil...I was thinking box them up & send them back to the manufacturer with note attached send me some new ones!..dont ya think..lol

just to comment on your comparable pike bait @Extra Virgin ...we were up at bear camp outside longlac last spring... there was 2 pro anglers from michigan at camp with over 20+ plus years fishin the areas waters for pike & walleye...the one guy uses the firetiger rapala exclusively for both trolling the lakes & rivers...he says thats his best spring bait..especially for big pike..I seen his crushed firetiger souvenirs in his tacklebox...they were wooden splinters...he does replace the rear hook with a large quality single hook ..and they have landed some monsters...seen some impressive photos..

been on the carribean sea since nov. 21...were switchin coasts & takin a jet SSW in 10 more days and will be on the pacific...and its all good..

2019 samsung picture transfer 1821.jpg2019 samsung picture transfer 1828.jpg
a couple photos ..myself fishin redfins off erieau pt last july 29th...ya i did keep just a couple bows..
I wanted to share...
while i was filleting my fish right there at barneys boats...my bell cell phone service picked up a message titled "Emergency alert" At 11.21 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time Sunday, Enviroment Canada has issued a tornado warning for this mobile coverage area. Take cover immediately if threatning weather approaches.

ya my hands were fishy so I checked the message beep a bit after...ya it was a little concerning for a few minutes until i double checked the exeter radar..

Back