Search results

1. B

lost life jacket

Hey I lost a camo life jacket on Wednesday November 23 somewhere between sandboy marina and the big creek launch. It blew out of the boat and by the time i went back to look for it it was picked up. Wondering if any one found it. If so could you pm me thanks. Or drop it off at the waterfowl...
  2. B

lost life jacket

Hey I lost a camo life jacket on Wednesday November 23 somewhere between sandboy marina and the big creek launch. It blew out of the boat and by the time i went back to look for it it was picked up. Wondering if any one found it. If so could you pm me thanks. Or drop it off at the waterfowl...
  3. B

Hoovers ramp open after the storm ????????

Ramp is open was down that way today
  4. B

Mystic layout boat

wondering if anyone has one or knows any one that has a mystic layout boat they are willing to part with not looking for a deal or anything just really like these boats. These boats were once made in Stoney creek however the company no longer exists. If anyone knows of one please pm me Thanks
  5. B

Smelt run

Not sure about the traditional spots in norfolk any more I remember doing it with my dad when I was real smell with some luck off tp. However myself and a buddy have good luck each year in the east end of Erie both ice fishing and with dip nets. I believe the harbour area we get them ice fishing...
  6. B

Off Topic WHO KEEPS A LAKE ERIE FISHING LOG/JOURNAL-PAPER OR E-LOG

I keep a log for both fishing and duck hunting and look every once in awhile at them and it can be crazy how dates line up and either catch me fish or make a bad duck hunting day a good one just by looking at old logs and repeating it.
  7. B

Ramp etiquette and queue

Just my two cents from observation both as a boater and also someone that has worked at marinas. The smoothest ramp I have ever seen in working order was the ramp at the old Brad and Julies in Long Point. I am a strong believer in the fact that with the money you pay to launch your boat the...
  8. B

Best Wax

best temps are like today around twenty and in cloud, I always got my stuff through marina shores. Another tip buy a good quality polishing pad if using a power buffer, The ones that look like a mop head work best the foam ones will burn the wax on occasion and create more work.
  9. B

Best Wax

When I had a boat polishing business in the long point area I used Maguire's Number 50 cleaner wax for most decently kept boats. If boat was oxidized and needed a touch up would use 3M compound and then 3M finesse paste finished with Maguire's 45 sealant wax. Most important thing is temp when...
  10. B

just read you post again I see where you are located, ya send a few pics if you don't mind. thanks

just read you post again I see where you are located, ya send a few pics if you don't mind. thanks
  11. B

Where have all the Smallmouth Bass gone..... Coastguard Maneuvers?

I will agree with Blaster lots of fish in the bay from opener till even now my most productive depth has been 10.5 feet of water and the smallies seem to be in schools for some reason this year. Also as a side note we have boated a pile of walleye in the inner bay this season just wondering if...
  12. B

Unit Self Serve

is the unit closed for the season now
  13. B

Good all round duck boat for Norfolk?

For an all around duck boat stick to a 14 footer with a 10 to 15 hp on it. Gives you the ability to hunt both puddle duck and divers when they move into the area. Myself and by brother hunted out of one for years and still target puddle ducks with it, however I now have an 18 foot lund to layout...
  14. B

Ice? Ducks?

closed no self serve this year due to early freeze
  15. B

Painting Alum Boat

I just did a 18 foot duck boat a wrap was going to be 1750 so i went to a local paint store and got a acrylic paint ordered and it was 45 a gallon and i sprayed it myself and it turned out great. just had to play around with the air pressure as the paint could not be thinned painted a few...
  16. B

Afternoon Re Rents for walkouts or canoe accessible points.

Winsx3 I shoot the park a lot and i can say almost every time my brother and i hunt we are last pick in the morning on saturdays and we generally do well with shooting full limits quite often and we generally shoot less desirable blinds.
  17. B

Where to take smaller boat?

if you are just simply looking to catch a good flow of fish to keep the kids entertained with a few bonus keepers for the table best bet may be to launch at the old cut and go straight out of the marina in five feet of water and fish with minnows. You will catch perch, rock bass, bass (oos) and...
  18. B

duck boat paint

Since howey hardware has closed does anybody know were you can get duck boat paint. From what I understand they use to mix it there
  19. B

How Do You Catch Smelt?

trky chsr the heli jigs I use are a small tear drop style with a small blade on top. I think ht makes them I ordered them on line a few years ago
  20. B

How Do You Catch Smelt?

have had good luck in the past with small tear drop style jigs and maggots. Personally I like heli jigs
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks