Best Wax

if its a new fibreglass boat with gelcoat ..3M makes a good quality wax for fibreglass gelcoats..theres liquid or paste that comes in a jar.. I use a polishing/buffing machine...if its an older oxidized boat you will need to use a compound to remove the chalking first.. I was fortunate to get a selection of good quality 3M marine products free of charge...:)

if your docking your boat for the season.. some boat owners paint the bottom of the hull with an anti fouling paint...when i docked my boat I use to wax the bottom and then apply a second coat of wax and leave the coat on...then when you take it out at the end of the season...the fouling come off much easier...

Last edited:
100% 3M... They also make a wax with a compound in it to remove the chalking and it leaves it nice clean and smooth... I use every year on my fiberglass boat.... Polishers/buffers really make the job easy

I to received 3M wax and compounds gratis . Its all I have used and it works very well. I hear Maguire's also has good !@#$ for fiberglass boats. I believe theirs is a 3 step system if your boat is heavily oxidized from Maguire's.

When I had a boat polishing business in the long point area I used Maguire's Number 50 cleaner wax for most decently kept boats. If boat was oxidized and needed a touch up would use 3M compound and then 3M finesse paste finished with Maguire's 45 sealant wax. Most important thing is temp when polishing a boat

W
When I had a boat polishing business in the long point area I used Maguire's Number 50 cleaner wax for most decently kept boats. If boat was oxidized and needed a touch up would use 3M compound and then 3M finesse paste finished with Maguire's 45 sealant wax. Most important thing is temp when polishing a boat
what is the best temp? Where do you find Maquires 50?

after you get your boat nicely waxed...wax up and polish your spoons...3Ms metal polish that comes in a tube works great for shinning up your salmon spoons...

wax your boat in mild temperatures...avoid direct sunlight..I waxed surfaces in the shade...
does anybody wax todays clearcoat finishes on cars & trucks...

best temps are like today around twenty and in cloud, I always got my stuff through marina shores. Another tip buy a good quality polishing pad if using a power buffer, The ones that look like a mop head work best the foam ones will burn the wax on occasion and create more work.

You can find the 3m polishing products at Napa auto parts stores , I’ve been painting and polishing cars for almost 20 years now and I agree 3m polish is the best. They have a three step process that if used correctly can’t be beaten. Hope this helps

You can find the 3m polishing products at Napa auto parts stores , I’ve been painting and polishing cars for almost 20 years now and I agree 3m polish is the best. They have a three step process that if used correctly can’t be beaten. Hope this helps
Do they have products for aluminum boats?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks