Search results

1. M

Tomorrows' the day Boys!

Looking forward to hunting the unit again after too many years away. One thing I remember about hunting the point; You never know what you're going to see in the way of birds. This year my goal is to shoot two birds for the wall. I'm hoping for one real nice red head and, if I'm really lucky...
  2. M

Youth hunt: how did it go?

I guess no-one had an underwater camera! :-)
  3. M

Gotta hand it to the young ones. If they hung in yesterday they can say they are waterfowlers! That was a messy day for sure. Congratulations to your daughter. I'm sure she will remember "that opening day out with dad" for a long time.
  4. M

Just curious how the day went for the young guys. Kind of a snotty day weather wise.
  5. M

Gps coordinates of blinds and shooting points

Thanks dicker, The lpwa site page has a lot of the info I was looking for. Duck soup, thanks for the explanation. I can see how the coordinates could lead to problems. I found an old site diagram that contained yellow lines that show what the recommended travel routes to each blind location are...
  6. M

Gps coordinates of blinds and shooting points

It may be a long shot, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Does a list of GPS coordinates of each blind exist, possibly with a description of what direction each blind faces? If not,i would be happy to tabulate one and add it to the site if someone could provide some rough info.
  7. M

Question re: apprentice hunters

Glenn, Thanks for the information. You're absolutely right. Five bucks sounds like a great price for that opportunity. Too bad about the restaurant. When I started bird hunting I can remember going into that place after selecting your blind for the day and the owner would make you a plate of...
  8. M

Question re: apprentice hunters

Hello, I am planning on hunting the unit this year with my son who got his apprentice license last year. I'm just wondering how this works at the unit. Are we charged for 2 hunters, even though one is an apprentice? If we have two hunters and one apprentice, can we share one blind? I used to...
  9. M

Lake Ontario

If you go out of port dalhousie, the st.catharines game and fish assoc. derby starts tomorrow. Just a heads-up.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks