Search results

1. Buckhorn

pottahawk effect on the elbow?

Looking to get out for a few hours sat morning for some walleye. I was thinking the elbow, but I heard the pottahawk piss-up is Saturday. Will that craziness effect fishing at the elbow? what about boat ramps in the area? I assume turkey point is out of the question, other ramp? I was also...
  2. Buckhorn

Happy Easter Monday everyone.

Thanks Old Cut Marina for the morning inspiration lake views! it does make going to work tough now though.
  3. Buckhorn

Off Topic Merc smartcraft

Looking for feedback on Mercury engine monitoring options. I have a 2005 90 HP 4-stroke and I think (got conflicting views based on Serial#) it should be compatible with Mercury's different engine data options. As far as I can tell, my options are: 1) vesselview mobile mounted in the engine...
  4. Buckhorn

New electronics

I'm looking to upgrade the fish finder on my boat, and am looking for advice. I have a 17ft legend with 90hp. Fish mostly LPB, Erie, lower grand, inland lakes for perch, walleye. Also would like to use ice fishing. Budget is <$1000 1) Is side scan useful when trolling on Erie or is down scan...
  5. Buckhorn

tuesday for Glasgow?

I have a rare weekday opportunity to fish on Tuesday. Still new to Erie trolling for walleye and reading weather/wave projections. This data from windfinder seems (to me) to show a nice calm day out of Port Glasgow. what does this boards experience say?
  6. Buckhorn

new to Erie walleye

Just got my dads 17ft legend bowrider after he bought a new one. picked up a trolling rod/reel combo and a dipsy. where is the best place for a newbie (on the big lake) to test out my new equipment on some walleye? coming from brantford, I was thinking of launching in the inner bay that way I...
  7. Buckhorn

long point cottages

I see more road flooding at long point this morning. We are looking at areas to get a cottage, for those with cottages in the long point area - also turkey point from what I've seen - how big of an issue is the flooding? does it impact regular use of your property, or cause higher maintenance...
  8. Buckhorn

Detroit river cam

I'm sitting here drinking my coffee, moving the Detroit river cam around when my time runs out and someone else starts controlling it. I get a big smile on my face when I realize it is someone else - probably in a robe drinking coffee like me - looking for boats fishing - like me, before...
  9. Buckhorn

Detroit river cam

I was watching the Detroit river cam this morning (http://www3.boatnerd.com:8020/viewer/live/en/live.html), and I saw a cluster of boats trolling seemingly really close together. Is this normal there? I normally like a little more space while fishing, but I guess if theyt are all filling...
  10. Buckhorn

First day out countdown

i haven't seen the perennial question asked yet, so here it is... When are you getting out on the bay? ice is gone and boating season is here, so who will boat the first perch of the soft water season? my little tinner likely wont be out till the end of the month - too many other spring...
  11. Buckhorn

family day out

Spent a couple hours on the bay this afternoon with the family. Launched the yacht out of old cut with 2 dozen unlucky minnows. Kids had a blast catching a dozen or so small perch, even some double headers. My wife got a nice spray from the chop sitting up front. Didn't catch dinner, but all in...
  12. Buckhorn

water level

i check in with the old cut webcam daily (ok several times daily), and it seems to me the water level is coming up. there used to be more grasses and such visible on the point on the other side of the channel, now it seems submerged. was the level low earlier and now is at normal levels? or is...
  13. Buckhorn

somebody slap me!

Well, out for my first turkey trip of the season. Forgot the key for the trigger lock. Get to my spot, forgot the extra shells in the truck. Get set up and comfy, see 4 birds on the other side of the field (300yds). Awesome! Call and nothing. Wait and nothing. Decide to sneak around the field...
  14. Buckhorn

question for "seasoned" anglers

My dad will be 65 this year, and was wondering how licensing will work for him. For fishing, he does not need a license, but is his catch limit the same as sport or conservation? For hunting, does he still need a license and purchase tags for turkey, deer, etc? Also for fishing, what would...
  15. Buckhorn

When are people getting their boats wet?

Hi all, i'm feeling the itch to get on the water now that the ice is finally on its way out, as i'm sure many others are. just wondering when (historically) people start to get moving on the water? never boated before walleye opener (inland lakes), so just wondering when i should start to dig...
  16. Buckhorn

i'm confused...

or rather, i would like to be educated on hunting in the bay. browsing through this forum, i see posts about memberships, line-ups, passes, blind assignments etc, and i dont really know where to start. i've been hunting for a while, but only recently for ducks, geese, etc. i would love to...
  17. Buckhorn

wasn't meant to be

well, the weather didn't co-operate for my first trip on Big Dave's charter today. we were all tempted standing at the launch, but the big rollers (and a little good sense) made for a tough decision, and i will have to cash in my wife's brownie points next year! thanks to Big Dave for the...
  18. Buckhorn

Normandale shoal

i've heard that there is a tire shoal off the shore of Normandale and can be a good bet for perch. anyone have GPS co-ordinates for it? i spent 30 mins last time out staring at my humminbird and driving in circles. i have a slow 14ft with a 9.9 so the more time i spend moving around, the less...
  19. Buckhorn

off limits?

I'm hoping someone can help me clarify the no fishing zone in Long Point bay. I have seen a map on linebut was curious about on the water references to help me stay legal. Thx
  20. Buckhorn

success!

My first solo trip for perch in the bay was awesome! Launched at turkey point, moved around a bit to test the boat, then settled in near ec10 with a dozen or so other boats. Caught 8 perch including my personal largest, and missed another 4 or so (over excited) all between 11 and 12. Off to...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks