Search results

1. D

Grouse

We hunted deer in the December controlled hunt around Langton doing drives. Out of 10 hunters we flushed a total of 3 grouse in 6 days but hundreds of turkeys.
  2. D

Bruce peninsula Rifle hunt

We were in 84 on the south west side and we killed 6 bucks for 7 guys, all younger bucks (6, 7 and 8 pointers). All of the deer were shot either going to, coming from or in corn fields. Unfortunately none of our 4 apprentice hunters were able to connect, so we are going to put in an all hands on...
  3. D

Looking for help for gun value?

If you decide to use one of the gun forums I agree with the first suggestion as I am a member of both. GUNPOST is much easier to post an add with a picture and the sign up process is also very straight forward. My only word of caution is choose your prices carefully because values have risen...
  4. D

How many hits does a Redfin take?

I can't say how many hits one can take but I have a bunch that I bought in the 90's that still catch fish. I do know that the custom ones from Wackm tackle stand up a heck of alot better than the stock paint job
  5. D

Fishing Report Nanticoke aug2.

I agree, I use a 5" semi stiff boning knife to fillet and a 7" grohman fillet knife to skin. Does a much more precision job and I find they hold an edge better than the fillet knife
  6. D

Fishing alone

I often go alone and launching takes the same amount of time it just takes me about 3 more mins to strap up and put the cover on but that doesn't hold anyone up. The biggest downside is I have to reel in all that lead core line myself
  7. D

Off Topic Barry's Bay

I have been to Barry's Bay many times in the past, bark lake has good walleye fishing as does the bonneshere River. We always used a worm tipped twister tail jig and trolled a worm tipped inline spinner as well. If they were active body baits did well too. On the bonneshere river there is a...
  8. D

Pelee pheasant licenses on sale until April

It is a fun hunt thats pretty close to home, yes there will be birds in the ditches but there will also be birds on people's lawns and on the runway at the airport and even in the parking lot at the Legion. When you release 9000 birds that is going to happen. I have many times seen birds in the...
  9. D

Pelee pheasant licenses on sale until April

I've been over to the island around 15 times for the pheasant hunts, and I guess I have a different take on it than the other posters have. Yes the birds are all pen raised like every game farm is but there are no native pheasants in Ontario any where so if you want to shoot a pheasant it will...
  10. D

Wackm tackle

Baker boys will do custom baits if you have a sample they will copy it, and as for Wackem yes they are expensive but mine have stood up very well and usually out produce a standard Cotton Cordell rippling. The Baker boys baits also are very durable but again not cheap
  11. D

Moose hunt Calibre

DaveJ has given you the best advise yet, don't skimp on your ammo and use a bullet that is designed to shoot a big animal. You will never go wrong with a nosler partition but the newer copper bullets will out penetrate them. Barnes x-bullets and hornady GMX are great choices in the 270. When I...
  12. D

Fishing spoons

I got some of the Wackum custom Redfins a month or so ago and they have stood up fairly well. This one has been pretty popular on my last 3 trips and still has very little wear on it.
  13. D

Rigger question

I've had that happen too many times to count. Now when I check a lure I pull it off the release and put the rod in the holder while I wind the trigger up, giving it some time to pull up to the surface will often trigger a bite
  14. D

Leads off Dwn Riggers East End Lake Erie Walleye

I run the in the same range 20' to 25' max and I find at 50' I catch less fish and have a better opportunity for tangles into the lead core. I also find I get better releases on the small fish when I run shorter.
  15. D

Bow fin @ pottahawk ?

I've never caught one in the bay but I used to catch them quite often at port maitland near the mouth of the grand. I used to flat line a body bait up the river on my way in just for fun, it always surprised me how strong of a fight they put up. First time I caught one I had no idea what it was...
  16. D

are your 12ga shotguns prohib now too???

I'd say somebody needs to learn how to read a bore mic. The bore diameter is .818" and the choke is .692"? So the gun has .126" choke constriction? 12ga nominal bore diameter is .729", 10ga bore dia is .775" and an 8ga bore dia is .835" apparently they found the only Iver Johnson 8ga and to top...
  17. D

Choke tube question

Yes sir the 3" Winchester supreme 00B that is buffered.
  18. D

Choke tube question

I have the extended ported choke and in a beretta Extrema II as well as the extended ported in a Remington 11-87 and they both shoot very good patterns with 00B as well as 000B and I only hunt with plated buckshot, I usually shoot the Winchester supreme 3" 00B as it seems to shoot a slightly...
  19. D

Choke tube question

I shoot a pattern master long range in one gun and a kicks high flyer in another and they both work quite well but depending on what ammo you plan on shooting the results will be very different. For any loads with a normal wad column the pattern master is tough to beat and with most buckshot...
  20. D

Sunday at Port Burwell

Well it must have been an anchor loss weekend because on Saturday I set mine in 43fow between sandhills and the silver barn and it held for about 10mins and the rope broke about 10" from the boat. So my perch fishing went much the same as yours, at least we had our walleye gear to salvage the day.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks