Search results

1. Off Duty

Off Topic Port Bruce - Advice Saught

Just wanted to see if anyone is still out there on Erie this weekend? The weather has got me wanting to go out tomorrow. Is it worth it? Would appreciate some input. Was thinking maybe being the only one out there may not be a good idea but almost no wind and the temperatures have me craving one...
  2. Off Duty

Today's Conditions??

Can anyone let me know how the lake looks this morning for waves? I have checked weather websites but it's always better first hand. Thanks Peter
  3. Off Duty

Port Bruce/North Erie Marina

Just a quick question to see if anyone is having luck with perch out of Port Bruce and does Graig have minnows? Want to take the boat out tomorrow for a rip and maybe some fishing, am I better off just doing some trolling out there? Anyone hooking into walleye or anything else? Thanks in...
  4. Off Duty

Walleye still biting?

Good day gents, would love to get out one more time at the end of next week as Friday and Saturday weather is looking promising. Can anyone recommend a spot where the walleye/trout can be had still? I usually go out of Port Bruce. Thanks in advance for your help and your time!
  5. Off Duty

Walleye Port Bruce

I saw a few quick reports out there, but wondering if anyone that has been out recently and can report on how the Walleye and other large species fishing is going out of Port Bruce. Looking to get out tomorrow and if someone is kind enough to give a general depth and direction it would be...
  6. Off Duty

A quick line strength question.

14 lb mono will be sufficient on Lake Erie, but if I wanted to hit Huron on occasion or say even Ontario, how heavy a line? Would the 14 do for most occasions? Thanks experts and seasoned fisher people! Peter
  7. Off Duty

Walleye question

So would the experts agree that trolling for wallaye is done on Erie for the season or is it still productive? How late do you guys troll for walleye and other species? Would they be up in the Detroit river by now and in Lake St Clair? Thanks for your replies.
  8. Off Duty

Questions, always questions. Lead core.

It's how we learn right? Lead core is the question. I hope you guys don't mind sharing some of your wisdom and maybe opinions when it comes to this. I would like to get away from Dipseys and try lead core. A few questions if I may: What speed do most guys using lead core troll at? Is it...
  9. Off Duty

I have a real (reel) question.

I am looking at buying some new line counter reels for my brand new St. Croix trolling rods ;) and looked at some options at a local shop. My question is this: The Eyecon series rods are a really nice light rod and I am considering a 20 size reel to keep it well balanced. Now the shop suggets...
  10. Off Duty

Question on Glasgow.

Are there any issues launching from there? Ramp condition. Traffic. Cost. 17 Foot Princecraft Thank you in advance guys!!
  11. Off Duty

Perch Saturday morning.

Just curious, I want to head out tomorrow morning for some perch from Greg's, with the North winds how are the conditions out there as far as waves are concerned. How were the perch today and how deep were they? Thanks in advance.
  12. Off Duty

How's it looking out there?

Anyone able to report on conditions out of Port Bruce this morning. Wave height, weather? A persons account is always better than websites. Thanks.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks