Walleye question

Off Duty

So would the experts agree that trolling for wallaye is done on Erie for the season or is it still productive? How late do you guys troll for walleye and other species? Would they be up in the Detroit river by now and in Lake St Clair?

Thanks for your replies.

i got one the other day that was sick as you can see in my post but i marked a tonne of fish ,then the weather turned and i was on my own off nanticoke schoal and turned for home. so not sure if it was a fluke . but what i saw on the sonar told me different

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 58
Chef I read your post and saw the fish and see the markings on the screen. I would love to know what you were marking there. It sure would be nice to know for sure. I showed your screen tonight to a former owner of a few fishing boats out of Nanticoke and he said they were probably a school of silvers or perch. But then again he talked about non migratory walleye that are there all year.

@Off Duty not much longlining here, those north east winds are killers this time of year for fishing in my opinion. If we get a south west blow we sure aren't venturing too far from shore as we are pretty well alone out there and it can get pretty creepy when you look around and there isn't a soul around for 10 miles. I still can't get the image of that boat burning up in seconds this past summer in the bay. I don't think my cell phone works under water and the guys in the Fasination won't be there to pull my sorry butt out of the drink. Or yours brother.

They don't burn as well but if I recall my met lessons the melting point is very low. Oh my.

one guy came in seven days ago with ten nice ones from 64 ft between bruce and stanley
commercial guys are still getting some too

Regardless what the boat's made of, if the fire is inside I'm going in the water. LOL! :LOL::LOL:
my STCW AND OFFSHORE training the safest place is the boat your on until ya really have to hit the drink dont! when i was working in mexico there was a fire in the engine room of a crew boat and the only guy that died was one that panicked and hit the drink

Thanks for all the input. It my favourite fish to eat by far. Greatly appreciated the advice gents!!!

Back