Search results

1. H

Lake Ontario

I was out this morning at 1000 with my dad. (1) 5# Chinook on a clear flasher/green fly and (1) rainbow 5 # on a green spin dr and green fly both in 160 ' of water infront of Bronte. The rain chased me off the lake at 12:30. Did not mark many fish.
  2. H

Lake O July 10 Evening

I went out on Lake Ontario this evening with another first time salmon guy. Found a good spot west of Bronte one Double header and a 17# in 70' of water. Everything fired today riggers with a white and blue spoon. Dipsey fired with a green spin dr and green fly. Trolled in front of Bronte...
  3. H

Lake Ontario(Bronte) Sunday July 3rd PM

Fished out in front of Bronte with a first timer to the Salmon hunt. We managed five smaller <2lb salmon as well as a beautiful 22 # chinook on the lead core (Blue and white spoon) and also a 18# off a bullfrog spin dr and green fly right at 930PM in 110' of water with 130' of wire on a 3...
  4. H

Lake O / Salmon Question

We usually run green or blue colours and try to match colour with dipsey, spin dr. and fly. We also run a lead core with a spoon. I have not had great luck with my down riggers but I use a longer lead but will shorten the lead next time. Thanks everyone for the tips. Seems like e-chip...
  5. H

Any bronte info please

Usually fish Bronte but with recent reports on spoonpullers.com, I decided to travel farther from home and hit bluffers park (east of Toronto). Ended up getting around 12 fish 5 salmon between 11-18 lbs. 2 between 5-10 # and about 3 shakers with 2 rainbow out in 300' . Most salmon came in the...
  6. H

Bronte Sunday July 26th

Went out of Bronte Sunday Morning solo, headed west to shell pier and caught a small shaker, so headed deep towards 230' and caught a 6 lbs chinook and then circled in same area landing my first lake trout about 6 lbs and another shaker and a small 4-5 lbs chinook. All fish caught on dipsey...
  7. H

Lake Ontario advice / help wanted

June 2nd AM. So I decided to rewrite my post as I was totally exhausted after a late night of fireworks and then an early morning trip to Bronte, Me and a buddy headed to out of Bronte and set up in about 80 feet. First rod in water at 645 and had just set last rod in a four rod spread when...
  8. H

Bronte August 22

Went out of Bronte and put in a full 14 hrs day. Landed four salmon top one was 25 lbs. We also got a 23, 20 and a 12 pounder as well. Landed a 7 lbs rainbow early in the morning and lost two screamers in the morning and lost a 20 lbers right at the side of the boat due to netting issues...
  9. H

Launching out of Bronte for Salmon.

They have not been doing well out of Bronte yet, it appears to be hit and miss. Check out spoonpullers and register and you will see a North shore report. They do not share much information on that site. I know in August the fishing is very good in the 1-2 mile range of bronte. Best of luck...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks