Lake Ontario advice / help wanted

Puddle Jumper

Hi guys , I am planning on taking my "tincan" to lake ontario friday afternoon, hoping to get into lakers & salmon. I have very little lake ontario experience, and wondering if anyone is willing / able to give me suggestions for a starting point (depth, speed, lures, etc..)

I am still debaiting on Bronte, 50 point or Forans as launching point ???

Generally I would start setting in 85 ' and troll to 140 ' and circle back to what ever range marked most fish . early season i start @ 2 -2.2 mph ....but will increase after an hour if not catching anything

most likely would start with 2 dipsy's (DD 107) 3 setting 105' & 150' back .......rigger set 35' back / 80' down ... and lastly would run a 8 colour leadcore out back or off planerboard ??? (also have 6, 7, 10 colour lead)

In past my goto spoons are yellowtail, blueberry muffin, and greasy chicken......any other hot patterns i should be triing (orange monkey puke) is it worth using....lymanns, flashers...fly's , herring strips etc????

Any help is appreciated
Wayne (PJ)

Sounds similar to what I would do, lakers on bottom, salmon are a little sparse from what i've been hearing. I'll be trolling for eyes out of burwell friday but back to lake o sat and sun.

I fished bronte a lot. I do some of my best in 80-95 fow of shell pear, as the season goes on and they start to stage for spaw start skinny 60 fow 1st thing in morning before sun comes up. and fish out. I like my riggers set up one with flasher fly. Green works good on salmon. My Dispy are 3rd setting 145-180'. Beat spoons and monkey puke. Bloody nose. Watermelon and a blue fox. Find the bait you will find them big kings. Good luck.

June 2nd AM. So I decided to rewrite my post as I was totally exhausted after a late night of fireworks and then an early morning trip to Bronte,
Me and a buddy headed to out of Bronte and set up in about 80 feet. First rod in water at 645 and had just set last rod in a four rod spread when the dipsey rod starts slamming like I had hit bottom. My buddy was new to Lake O so he was in charge of retrieving all the fish today. My buddy landed a beautiful 12-15 lbs chinny around 730(released). We were out around 135 down 90' on a 3 setting green spin doctor with green fly. Landed two more smalls and was off the water by 1200. Trolled out to 170' marked lots of bait at bottom.

Back