Weed and Boating??

can't miss

To windy to fish today, so thought I'd open a chat, looking for opinions on how/if legal weed might effect boating? There's a lot of talk right now on how the legalization will effect driving, work places ect.
My opinion, it's happening now, don't see a big change.
Full disclosure, tried it once in the 70's but did not inhale?? Hey, worked for Bill Clinton?
What do you folks think??

just like alcohol, NOT to be consumed by the operator. seem to recall reading about some provinces allowing comsumption in a car , again NOT by the operator.

Guys I know that smoke weed regular claim it has no effect on them with regards to operating anything. That is what they believed before and now it will be no different. Sobriety tests might prove otherwise. Personally I do not partake but I could care less about a drug that makes one hungry then sleep............JMO.

a lot of people do it they been doing it for yrs just a free ride now THINK ABOUT weed and hunting as well omg someones really going to get hurt(n)(n)

Taking the legalization of pot in Colorado in 2012 as a prime example I beg to differ with that assumption. In general, marijuana use has significantly increased in Colorado since its legalization. According to figures from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, adults in the state who had consumed marijuana in the month before being surveyed went from being 12.86 percent of the adult population in 2012/13 to 16.62 percent in 2015/16. Similarly, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) statistics show that the number of drivers involved in fatal accidents who tested positive for marijuana had risen by 145% between 2013 and 2016.

Other negative facts:
1. The majority of DUI drug arrests involve marijuana and 25 to 40 percent were marijuana alone.

2. In 2012, 10.47 percent of Colorado youth ages 12 to 17 were considered current marijuana users compared to 7.55 percent nationally. Colorado ranked fourth in the nation, and was 39 percent higher than the national average.

3. Drug-related student suspensions/expulsions increased 32 percent from school years 2008-09 through 2012-13, the vast majority were for marijuana violations.

4. In 2012, 26.81 percent of college age students were considered current marijuana users compared to 18.89 percent nationally, which ranks Colorado third in the nation and 42 percent above the national average.

5. In 2013, 48.4 percent of Denver adult arrestees tested positive for marijuana, which is a 16 percent increase from 2008.

6. From 2011 through 2013 there was a 57 percent increase in marijuana-related emergency room visits.

7. Hospitalizations related to marijuana has increased 82 percent since 2008.

The legalization of marijuana in Canada is terrible public policy but that doesn't matter. It's all about money, pot is big business. Exactly why Trudeau has ignored all opposition and warnings of the consequences.
In my opinion it's just another step down that slippery slope of moral decay for our nation. :wacky::(

Last edited:
I find it crazy that they are ok with it being smoked wherever you can smoke cigarettes. I have no issues with it but just don’t want to smell it everywhere.

Reactions: N8r
According to figures from the National Survey on Drug Use and Health, adults in the state who had consumed marijuana in the month before being surveyed went from being 12.86 percent of the adult population in 2012/13 to 16.62 percent in 2015/16. That’s a rise of 29%!

Thats some funny math! Whoever penned that musta been HIGH :LOL: I'd say the added 3.76% of people saying they used pot could be attributed to those who simply wouldn't admit to illegal acts during the first survey....

As for the increase in arrestees testing positive, well that's likely due to an increase in testing. And it mentions marijuana related DUI's but nothing about traffic accidents increasing :unsure: You have to realize there's a ton of stoners driving around everyday....better that than drunks IMO.

I don't think the average Canadian is going to notice a big change with legalization. I guess we'll see...

Josh

Last edited:
There are a couple reasons they are doing this in my opinion taxes for Justin and to clear the backlog in the courts . There are medical benefits to some of the byproducts of pot but I think this only covers the recreational pot. The rest may slowly follow.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks