Recent content by makoassault

1. makoassault

Erie Walleye

If your close to lake ontario just go to port colburn, they should be there considering the walleye tournament is coming up shortly.
  2. makoassault

Lost Planer board

I'm pretty sure south coast was talking about one yesterday, might want to check with him
  3. makoassault

444 tourney

We still don't know what the fines are. They give you a citation and you have to send it in with a guilty plea, then they send you the fine.
  4. makoassault

Friday night walleye, Burwell

We left the dock at 5:30pm due to dead batteries, thanks to ron at brad fields for letting us use his booster pack. Went south of Burwell to 59' and started trolling east towards the group of boats. Picked up our first one around 6 so we turned around to try that spot again and picked up...
  5. makoassault

Where should I fish on Erie

go west
  6. makoassault

444 tourney

We caught one fish friday that weighed in at just over 9lbs but weren't entered in the big fish part. Saturday we got one 8.66lbs and 4 fines from the new york state troopers for being 1/8 to 1/4 mile over the line accidentally without new york licenses and sunday we ended up skunked. It was...
  7. makoassault

Segmenting Leadcore?

guys do it so that you can fish shallower water with say a ten colour pole without putting a kink in the lead. so all you do is cut you ten colour where you want it and put in a piece of mono so you can fish it as a 8 colour or ten colour when needed
  8. makoassault

444 Walleye Tourny

We will be there to in the Triple J, also fish out of bur well and also showed up with a box of spoons two years ago. We actually caught a couple before buying a bunch of harnesses. We found it very difficult to troll on a 150 optimax so we have to throw out a 5 gal bucket. No tips to share...
  9. makoassault

outriggers

sounds like the ones i have only ours are mounted on the roof so they are up out of the way. I also used planner board line but never tried the reel. You have to make a loop out of the line to feed it out and bring it back in. If I make it over to the boat anytime soon i will mount them and...
  10. makoassault

outriggers

Ive used the ones that came with our boat, I'm not sure of the brand. I don't mind them, you can use them in rough water that planer boards won't work in. The problem is that you can't get them as far out as planer boards. They are also a bit of a pain when you are packing up to go in and...
  11. makoassault

What's the craziest bait you've ever used to fish with?

I am not going to mention any names but an old timer once told me how they used to catch musky up north using live baby ducks as bait. defiantly wouldn't want to get caught doing that these days
  12. makoassault

Sausage and Pepperetes

do you remember the price at de konings thinking of going there
  13. makoassault

Buck Head Mounts

Jamie and rick mathews in straffordville do amazing work. I believe they are charging 600
  14. makoassault

1 Patio Slip Left for 2014

how much is the slip
  15. makoassault

Erie Channel Cats July 6th

I always liked my catfish BBQ'd, I find it gets most of the fat out of them
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks