outriggers

highhopes

anybody use them on lake erie and if so which ones I,m thinking of trying them this summer

Ive used the ones that came with our boat, I'm not sure of the brand. I don't mind them, you can use them in rough water that planer boards won't work in. The problem is that you can't get them as far out as planer boards. They are also a bit of a pain when you are packing up to go in and have to fold them up because theres really no good way to wrap the string up.

ya I was looking at the 15ft ones that are Telescoped and are only 6ft when not in use they go into a rod holder I was thinking of put an old downrigger reel on it with planner board line on it I only flat line so it would keep it away from my riggers and they would be 30ft apart . if the spring don't come soon I well have many more crazy ideas for this summer lol

sounds like the ones i have only ours are mounted on the roof so they are up out of the way. I also used planner board line but never tried the reel. You have to make a loop out of the line to feed it out and bring it back in. If I make it over to the boat anytime soon i will mount them and take a pic for you.

Back