Recent content by inky

1. inky

Off Topic Lowrance Depthfinder Issue

Thanks for suggestions. Depth still shows accuactly...was in lake ontario off fisherman's... Will try sensitivity and angle....no damage I am aware of but...... In the bay by bait island now and working fine so far....except fishing slow at the moment...lake conditions fantastic however?
  2. inky

Off Topic Lowrance Depthfinder Issue

Any assistance appreciated - I am getting a "black screen with static" in the sonar / depthfinder function of my Lowrance Elite four. GPS mapping works fine and depthfinder intermittently. I have tried rebooting and clearing the transducer- no luck so far. Any ideas? thx
  3. inky

Off Topic Lowrance depth finder question

I have been getting an intermittent black screen on my lowarance elite 4. GPS navigation works fine and depth finder seems ok and then goes black. Tried rebooting and clearing transducer...no success. Any ideas? Thanks! By the way..was fishing off fisherman's pier on lake Ontario...just 2...
  4. inky

Disappointing day on the lake

Sorry to hear the challeges. My experience was much better when a blown fuse left me stranded near potohawk....a great tow in...i was out of cash so slipped them a $ 100 cheque to say thanks...and then recieved it back in the mail...uncashed with a note saying it wan't necessary for a boating...
  5. inky

Port Burwell this morning

I launched at ~ 11:00 am yesterday and met a boat coming in that warned us of it being really rough and fishing was a bit slower than norm. We gave it a try anyway and turned around after about a mile out. Nasty swells that were definitely 6 ft + …. surprised me given a pretty calm day for wind...
  6. inky

Fishing Report Walleye/Bows - Elbow - Sunday, July 8th

We fished the elbow from 2 pm to 6 pm Sunday....Lake was great at that point in the afternoon and a beautiful day on the water .....fishing was slow as reported with 2 nice dinner size walleye…. both on a dipsey in ~ 65-70 FOW and 105 ft back and a green copper back spoon....A slow but...
  7. inky

Elbow Sept 9

Fished the Elbow today with my son. A great day on the water but fishing was slow for us. Waves were a bit choppy headed out but great coming back in. Landed one nice ~ 5 lb eye....but that was it for 2 hours fishing. We were in 70-85 FOW and caught on a rigger down 65 on monkie puke spoon...
  8. inky

Lake O boat launch

Launch recommendations helped me as well...launched at fishermans around 10.30 with my daughter...a nice launch with lots of parking. Went 5 for 6....released 2 of the small cand had 3 nice ones for the table....best action was 130 fow and down 60 or 180 on # 1 dipsey
  9. inky

Nanticoke Aug 1

Nice job....I was out from 8 till 11 on Monday... 55- 70 FOW....not much happening except a sheephead. Radio chatter indicated similar during that time slot. Still a nice day on the water,....and burgers for dinner vs fresh fish! Quite a bit of bait still showing but no takers for spoons or...
  10. inky

Different view of LPoint and Bluff Bar

I had a connecting flight from Detroit to Buffalo a while back.....had a great view of Long Point and the Bluff Bar....now i seem to have photo's working.....thought they may be of interest.....
  11. inky

Bronte harbour thursday

Certainly slower than earlier in the week....another case of "should have been here yesterday!!". Still a great day and quite a battle to land compared to the normal walley at the elbow. Largest fish ever for my brother who landed it.....gotta like that!
  12. inky

Bronte harbour thursday

Decided to try lake O today after reading the excellent reports recently. A great day on the water..but may have missed the faster action of earlier in the week/ day. We landed one king...guessing it at 16-17 lb. Caught in 140 fow 55 ft down in blue silver nasty boy spoon. Thanks for all...
  13. inky

Elbow Saturday Aug 29

I had a chance to get out to the Elbow yesterday with my brother. Launched out of Hoovers...fished from 11 till 3 Pm. Lake was great with just ripples and enough breeze to keep the bugs somewhat manageable. We fished 75 to 100 FOW. Landed 3 nice Eye's 5-7 lb ..... all off of riggers down 65...
  14. inky

Sunday at Nanticoke

I was out today also for a couple of hours...only one silver bass also. yesterday was my day with 4 landed...same area today (60 FOW SE f Hoovers )but no action
  15. inky

5 mile marker

I was out in AM with my son.. We had pretty good luck in 60-65 fow. Landed 4 nice eyes 3-7 lb. Lost one when had some difficulty with the trolling motor and I must have let some slack in the line. All on body baits. One on rigger (black and red) and 3 on dipsey 200 ft back on a blue and...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks