Recent content by Hewescraft

1. Hewescraft

Bad News, Another Bad Thing That Has Hit The Great Lakes

Time for the MNR to introduce whales to Erie to eat the shrimp.
  2. Hewescraft

Aluminum boat cleaner

I have used Sharkhide and it has worked well.
  3. Hewescraft

Perch Oct 3 Port Bruce

Thx..Greg.. number stored in the phone now :)
  4. Hewescraft

Perch Oct 3 Port Bruce

Thx Greg, I couldn't find your number to call and didn't want to get out there empty handed in the event there were no minnows to be had.
  5. Hewescraft

Perch Oct 3 Port Bruce

A light work schedule and favourable winds allowed me to get on the water at 2:00 pm Bought minnows in London, two scoops for $17 in a bag with oxygen. 48 feet was the depth east of Bruce approx. two miles west of first windmill. peak time was between 4 and 6 pm fishing by myself ended up...
  6. Hewescraft

Lock it or lose it.

Had several rods stolen from my boat a couple years ago, Costco has a solar powered motion activated light, works great and helps to keep the thieves honest. Sensor is set that as soon as you walk to the back of the boat to hop on it lights it up like a street light. Knock on wood, no issues since.
  7. Hewescraft

First trip 2016

150 4 stroke Yamaha, marine stabilizer in the fall, run it so I know that its getting into the engine and each spring fires up right away, since 2007 when the engine was new.... same every year.
  8. Hewescraft

Common Sense?

And then there was the guy in a small skiff sitting right at the entrance to the harbour, between the red buoy and the dock.... If you have no GPS and are relying on visual site, have the common sense to not sit in the channel.
  9. Hewescraft

port bruce today

I was on the radio, 64 to 67 feet straight out, me an my two lines ended up with 4 walleyes, 3 silver bass, no sheephead. Never less than 3.2 mph. Body baits were the key today.
  10. Hewescraft

Cannot get lead out of leadcore

Snip it clean with scissors, hold it loosely about an inch and a half from the end and slide the braid back. should expose the lead core. Grab the lead core and continue to slide the braid away until you have about 6 to 8 inches of lead core exposed, pull off the lead core, tie to braid...
  11. Hewescraft

Boat Buckle Tie Downs

I use the same ones.. fast on fast off and secure.
  12. Hewescraft

Turtle advice??

Turtle Soup, make it snappy...! :p:p
  13. Hewescraft

Port Bruce

Went out Thursday, moved around a lot 36,45,33, 28 finally got into some at 24 feet depth, bite started around 4 pm, lake was flat as piece of glass.
  14. Hewescraft

Fish or Feast???

96 fillets, that means according to MNR regulations you may still have 4 more fillets kicking around in the bottom of the freezer from when you pulled those out! :):) Of course if you went out and caught some more since that time..........
  15. Hewescraft

Fishing Hastings

I caught an 18 inch perch using a similar measuring technique. ;);)
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks