Boat Buckle Tie Downs

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
:love: I just installed a set of Boat Buckle retractable tie downs on my boat. WOW!!! I don't know how many of you have never seen these before but I must say I have no idea how I done without these. They hold 5,000 lbs. are so slick! I mounted them to my trailer frame through existing holes so no drilling was required. One press of the lever and they come off and retract back into the casing remaining with the boat. When you pull your boat out you simply pull the strap out, hook it and a couple of lever up ratchets and your ready for the road in like 5 seconds. No looking for the tie downs, no cracked knuckles, no untangling them or adjusting ever! Check them out... I love them. (y) :D

IMG_0862.JPG
boat_buckle.jpg

Last edited:
They are not cheap @Rob V but are very heavy duty and well made. I ordered my set from etrailer.com in Missouri along with the optional mounting brackets and cost me $110 total including shipping and U.S. exchange. Much cheaper than anywhere I found here.

I have a Ranger Bass boat and they come essentially with two sets. One for your trailer and a second set hooks up to your jack plate or transom (they slide off when you want to launch boat). You guys could install a second set to tie down your covers.

Sweet. 90 bucks amazon.ca. Plus free shipping

Uh beware @longrun, if you look close that's for one G2 tie down only. I checked out everywhere including amazon.ca which was $192.64 plus tax for a pair and most sellers want more. ;)

Last edited:
I have a Ranger Bass boat and they come essentially with two sets. One for your trailer and a second set hooks up to your jack plate or transom (they slide off when you want to launch boat). You guys could install a second set to tie down your covers.

They actually make tie downs for purposes such as tying down boat covers which they call Cargo Buckles. They work on the same principle.

Back