Zoleo

rcfire77

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I purchased a zoleo satellite transmitter that links with your smart phone via bluetooth to be able to communicate with other hunters and with civilization while moose hunting as it’s 8 very peaceful days without a cell signal but safety overrides that at times. It was only 269 thru Amazon and I set it up prior to my northern Ontario bike trip just in case. I never utilized the texting aspect last week as I was more concerned that it was just getting a reliable signal. I activated the location feature so many times when outta cell service that my wife had to silence her phone at work from it giving her updates every 20 minutes. Out on Erie yesterday past the buoy I had zero signal and my phone obviously didn’t work. Pulled out the zoleo and turned it on. Within a few minutes I made contact with my wife and a few buddies via the zoleo. It even has an SOS button that sends the Calvary to your exact location when activated. Just letting anyone who has been considering one for their northern adventures or boat that it does work and appears way more reliable than the satellite phone our moose gang bought that is just plain finicky. Yes you need to pay a monthly fee (they vary) with the unlimited only being 50 a month but after you have activated it and kept it on a plan for 3 months you can put it on a 5 dollar a month standby that allows you to activate it a month at a time when you need it. I also purchased a ram mount so I can mount it on the front dash of my boat where it faces upwards threw the windshield for a constant signal. You download an app to your phone and share this free app with anyone you want to communicate with on the satellites network and your done. This has given me/us a reliable/peace of mind alternative to our costly satellite phones.

Attachments

• IMG_2774.jpeg
    IMG_2774.jpeg
    200.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2773.jpeg
    IMG_2773.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Oh yeah, my TO marine sgt buddy just sent me this, way worse ways to be spending a Saturday night. He just likes to rub it in!

Attachments

• IMG_0855.jpeg
    IMG_0855.jpeg
    243.1 KB · Views: 40
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks