Your thoughts on a Dog

Great pic with the yung'un and your lab. Thats one thing I can say about all of the retriever breeds I have experience with (springer, lab and golden) they know the difference between work and play. When they are in the house you can play "tug of war" or anything else but get the gun out or even the hunting coat and boy do they know it's time to work, which of course is play to them! The only (slightly) negative I can say about goldens is the hair issue. I mean springers are bad but goldens take shedding to a whole new level.

I am going to ask on this Forum ....which do you think would be a GOOD family dog \
The wife is leaning towards a German shepard ......Nice choice but i am a Hound a blood hound kinda guy
Redbone black n tan doesnt matter LOL NO kids as we are well past those years
We live in a small one bedroom apt but i need the exercise and am willing to get up go out walk said dog, and do have a Dog friendly park near by ....kind of worried about the local deer herd tho !!!
Which breed would you suggest ?

PS NO Lap dogs Small breed thanks
I would say do some research for apartment friendly large dogs then.
I personally have a very nice working class german shepherd 6 months old. Would not recommend for apt living. They need a lot of work to keep mind busy or become a real problem.
I would also not recommend any labs, retrievers or herding breeds. Great dogs buts as pups are a real handful energy wise.
Match the dog to your energy levels and you should be fine and be prepared to get training. You'll be happy you did.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks