Yet another site outage...

stomp

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not pleased with my hosting company. They are not pleased with how busy is Channel 6-8. It's a Mexican stand-off (can I still say that and be politically correct?). I'm exploring options. Apologies for the interruption in service.

I'm not pleased with my hosting company. They are not pleased with how busy is Channel 6-8. It's a Mexican stand-off (can I still say that and be politically correct?). I'm exploring options. Apologies for the interruption in service.

Maybe if @Mrs. Stomp were running things this wouldn't keep happening. :oops:... :LOL::ROFLMAO: :D:D:D

:banghead: :banghead::banghead: I learned of additional problems while dining out with @Mrs. Stomp last night. My hosting company went rogue yesterday. In addition to shutting the site down for hours, they followed that up by installing a new version of PHP, the coding language in which the site is written. Typically, you don't do such a thing without informing your customer and testing the software first. But, nope, they just banged it into a live server and hoped for the best. Well, a bunch of stuff broke on my site. I've been working on fixing things today and I think the main functions of reading threads, creating threads and replying to threads are now working. Some of the added on functions are not working, but I will work away on them as time permits. Again, apologies for the inconveniences.:oldman:

Last edited:
Thanks for all you do Stomp, I think we can survive while you get it sorted out. If you can imagine, in a time not all that long ago, there was no internet or fishing forums and we still managed to go fishing. I hate to say it, but there was a time in my life that we fished without GPS & fishfinders too but that was a little longer ago.....

Don't have to apologise Stomp, I thought it was something I said (Typed)
This is my go to site about 20 times a day when not out trying to find (catch) elusive fish.:LOL::LOL:
Love reading all the posts, goes good with my coffee in the morning.(y)(y)(y)
Thanks for the good entertainment you give me.

When will that hosting company learn. You can't just go and ram the whole 8" lure in, you have to first dip your toe to test the waters :ROFLMAO:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks