Yesterday’s high winds

Three Bouys

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
When the winds are howling like it was yesterday, it has a tendency to lower the water levels and then it comes back higher than normal here at Long Point.
After dinner last night thought I would head over to the marina just to check the boat out. It was a good thing lots of slack was in my mooring lines. The water rose a good 12+”and it was at its peak. You could see on the launch walls it was dropping slowly.

66EFC002-6D82-4F72-9099-176F1B13A81D.jpeg5A80989A-41A7-42E8-B935-5DEEEAA5CC98.jpeg287DB8E5-4474-4B35-8CC9-A66B0D4CA178.jpeg40EEB01E-7379-4250-90EC-61BEEE06B112.jpeg

Yeah.....more weather issues! Kind of nice this morning. No idea if the Inner Bay or the Lake are settled enough to make fishing worthwhile. I'm considering giving it a try.

I was planning on heading to Dover this morning to try and get into a few perch. However now it looks like I'm doing some repairs to the roof of my deck thanks to yesterday's winds. A 18 foot section of clear wavy plastic that covers part of my deck was ripped clean off thrown over the house landed on the yard and the road and shattered into a zillion pieces ??? thanks wind you SOB?
Maybe with any luck I'll be able to get out tomorrow
20180504_195714.jpg

I would imagine the lake and LPB will be pretty tore up and dirty. Wow we had sustained winds in excess of 100 kph here in Iona Station. Tore the cover off my pool and badly buckled my 16 ft. garage door. I was lucky compared to damage others took but had stuff all over the yard from who knows where. If they are not claimed I may need to have a garage sale! :)

@JohnW OUCH! My son has exactly the same setup on the back of his house. It escaped unscathed but his yard fences got hammered.

Same, mine is on the back as well @hvyhaul on the top a hill facing due north into yesterday's winds, it didn't stand a chance.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks