Yak Attack, Unnamed Port, Aug 19 evening: Release the Predators

King Joe

Met up with a Lake ON bud for a Yak Attack at an unnamed port for an evening fish. He also runs an Old Town Predator PDL. After an bit of a drag over the obstacle course the prick built...we were on the water heading out about 540pm. Plan was to head to about 40...set up spoons and divers and keep heading out.

Slight south wind and waves going out...mudline was just beyond lighthouse. Surface water temp was pretty much 76 at all depths. Fish marking consistent through depths UNTIL about 51dpw...then, got more sporadic.

Near immediately after setting up, hit a big sheep on the 30 diver and mixed veggie. Then nothing for a long time. At about 50, hit a good walleye while buddy also got a good one...about 4-5 pounds. We continued out to about 55 (a fricking long way out again)...and turned back in. Not a lot of fish...not a lot of marks....great water and wind.

I ended up landed 7 walleye...only 2 would be keepers but all were released except one...everything else was small. GREAT from an age class perspective....not from a catching perspective. Buddy got 3 walleye, one keeper. Off water by about 9:00pm.

Will be contacting the municipality again about the illegal barricades again at unnamed port.

King Joe, Outa Here!

Seen you guys coming in Friday night. We where on the pier. I was wondering if it was King Joe . Glad you weren’t in the channel when a few boat’s came through at almost full throttle the wake’s were huge. Seen a lot boats that don’t slow down while in the channel that night.

What’s with the barriers??? Someone doesn’t like kayakers accessing the water from a certain area???

What’s with the barriers??? Someone doesn’t like kayakers accessing the water from a certain area???
Correct....apparently, while the Municipality has talked to the prick...he gets away with it still including...according to the municipality...stealing concrete blocks and shit from the museum site and literally using excavators to rip up the road. NEVER has a big boat launched from here...no chance any could. Over nearly 10 years now (apart from last year where I didn't/couldn't), I have only seen yaks, canoes and the odd paddle board. AND with the reputation of 'this' channel for bad boat operation...NEVER will a yak or canoe brave launching further upstream at the prick's place....from a dangerous-to-do-so perspective and why add another couple kms to an already long haul out....so, what's the point? By the way, I have no problem paying a launch fee...I do it every time off Erieau...NOT the point. Its all about safe access.

Anyway, sorry for the digression.

King Joe Outa Here!

Seen you guys coming in Friday night. We where on the pier. I was wondering if it was King Joe . Glad you weren’t in the channel when a few boat’s came through at almost full throttle the wake’s were huge. Seen a lot boats that don’t slow down while in the channel that night.
Hey jakerboy...was that you on the wall with your son...and we talked a bit? Anyway, yes....that channel can be challenging and we hit it pretty good with a lull in traffic.

King Joe Outa Here!

I was at the front of the pier with my wife and granddaughter. We were camping at the provincial park for 11 days. Seen you guys coming in around the rock wall from the west .

Back