Wonder if I'm the only one.

bryonfromTilly

Wonder if I'm the only one who still hasent winterized his motor..... fingers crossed she's okay haven't ran her sense the beginning of September wonDer how dry it is?. Anyways what's everyone's opinion would you hook it up to water to winterize today or wait for Sunday when we're jn the plus again?. I was just going to put stabilizer in it. Fog the carbs and change the lower units oil.

101D7F9F-5416-4D0C-A8F3-F71A219AD131.jpeg
Wonder if I'm the only one who still hasent winterized his motor..... fingers crossed she's okay haven't ran her sense the beginning of September wonDer how dry it is?. Anyways what's everyone's opinion would you hook it up to water to winterize today or wait for Sunday when we're jn the plus again?. I was just going to put stabilizer in it. Fog the carbs and change the lower units oil.
I Winterized mine on that Beautiful day last Wednesday.I even had it all hooked up to go to Long Point that Morning,but the heavy frost and the -4 temperature that morning,and the snow squalls they predicted the next day,and which we had,I felt better to get it done.My garage doors aren’t big enough to get my boat through,or I would of waited to winterize it inside.Now that we had our first snowstorm,and the “Indian Summer,” is coming next week,with single digit highs.Good Luck if you do get out,and Be Safe!! For me now,it’s Steelhead Fishing time on some of Lake Huron Tributaries.Tight Lines,& FISH ON!! (y)

View attachment 6957
I Winterized mine on that Beautiful day last Wednesday.I even had it all hooked up to go to Long Point that Morning,but the heavy frost and the -4 temperature that morning,and the snow squalls they predicted the next day,and which we had,I felt better to get it done.My garage doors aren’t big enough to get my boat through,or I would of waited to winterize it inside.Now that we had our first snowstorm,and the “Indian Summer,” is coming next week,with single digit highs.Good Luck if you do get out,and Be Safe!! For me now,it’s Steelhead Fishing time on some of Lake Huron Tributaries.Tight Lines,& FISH ON!! (y)
Holy that's allot of snow. I'm glad we dident get hit that hard... I should have done the same. Is it wOrth the drive? Bin doING allright off erie 3-4lb bows mainly

29A1B83F-DC49-4A3E-95FC-4A6D014F468A.jpeg Good Luck to All Fishing for Perch & Pike on the Bay.I must agree,that this is the time of year for numbers and Trophy Fish on the Bay.My Boat has been Winterized,and my other passion is Steelheading,and there are lots in the River’s now,after the recent rain we had,and now with the melting snow coming up soon,there will be even more!! Tight Lines to All,wether you are Fishing out of a Boat,or walking the riverbanks.(y)

Had problems getting the water running to her today so ended up just changing lower unit oil. And made the trip to get roe was my first time tieing it. Spinners have been good to me. So how many fish do you see up Huron way or off lake ontario

Pulled mine out yesterday, added fuel stabilizer and made a run out and back to Pottahawk. The long range wind forecast isn’t looking good and soon my marina will be turning off the gas pump. Fogged the main engine and ran a heavy mix of gas with stabilizer and oil mix through the kicker. Sometime this week my marina will change the lower ends oil. Of all the boats he has to winterize mine is almost the last one. Took another picture of the GPS coming yesterday and note the water temp.
09A584C8-3B82-4B90-B932-1DAF98F175B8.jpeg

Pulled mine out yesterday, added fuel stabilizer and made a run out and back to Pottahawk. The long range wind forecast isn’t looking good and soon my marina will be turning off the gas pump. Fogged the main engine and ran a heavy mix of gas with stabilizer and oil mix through the kicker. Sometime this week my marina will change the lower ends oil. Of all the boats he has to winterize mine is almost the last one. Took another picture of the GPS coming yesterday and note the water temp.
View attachment 6967
The water temperature hasn’t hardly changed at all @Three Bouys from your photo of your Fish Finder from your previous post.But the water still isn’t Cold enough for Ice Fishing for me!! LOL Lets hope for a short Winter,and a longer Boating Season next year.(y)

Had problems getting the water running to her today so ended up just changing lower unit oil. And made the trip to get roe was my first time tieing it. Spinners have been good to me. So how many fish do you see up Huron way or off lake ontario

Lake ontario, particularly the eastern tribs see large returns on average compared to our Huron/GB or Erie tribs. Numbers have been down all over in the last 4-5 years mostly due to low juvenile survival caused by low summer water levels combined with high temperatures. On Huron, working hard for a handful of adult fish per outing seems to be the norm with 10+ being a pretty good day. That compared to several years ago when double digits was a given with 25+ fish days not uncommon. The exception is the Saugeen that continues to produces solid numbers with the intense stocking program....Erie numbers vary quite a bit from trib to trib but the same trend of lower numbers holds true. Another consideration on Erie is US stocking. There were far more wandering fish before they cut stocking numbers and Ohio started stocking manistee strain fish that are much better at returning to their stocking locations.

Overharvest is also playing a role on some more fragile tribs IMO. Last year in particular fish got hammered at the river mouths for months due to low water and it seems everything caught of a pier or lawn chair goes in a garbage bag :(

Josh

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks