Winds

erie feeln

Trying to go out with pops burwell or naniticoke i have a hard time with wind whats a good day for a 16ft with a 50 hr any help would be great thanks Johnny

Windfinder app and Port Stanley bouey are good a resource for weather/ waves. Environment Canada Marine forecast usually pretty accurate. 16 footers vary quite a bit so don't know your tolerance for sea height. Burpwell is a shorter run out to fish.

These are the weather sites I look at when trying to pick my days to go and I'm just going to sit on the pier in Pt Bruce most times. Remember though when looking at these, the ones from Env Canada for London (the first env canada link) and the weather network DO NOT tell you what it's doing at the lake. Only what the forecast is for the region, and what it's doing in London often is NOT what it's doing at the lake. (not that they EVER get it right in the spring and summer. They're usually wrong, unlike winter when they're almost always right. Almost every time I go, what they've said it's going to do, and what it's actually doing when I get there are completely different. ie The wind is blowing harder and from a different direction than what they've said.

Despite looking at all these sites, and they do give a pretty good idea of what might be or is supposed to be happening, I've learned to trust what my eyes tell me when I look out the window and what my body is telling me as when the weather changes, or they're calling for storms, I can tell you most times in advance whether they're right or not as I can feel it in my hips, shoulders and back IF they're right. I hurt more than normal when they're right. The ones I trust the most are the second, third and fourth links, but that said, anything more than 2-3 days out, I don't trust it because it's bound to change, and usually does. As it stands right now, based on what these sites are saying, I might not be going until Thursday and or Friday this week, if I go at all.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks