Winds

shorefisher

15 k south winds for Monday. I have a 17 foot wilker with a 90 hp on the back. Would the lake be OK to launch out of Burwell to do some perching with those winds?

With a glass boat that would be a go. Might be a bit rough heading out. My no go number is high teens with gusts in the 20's. The boat can take it but not my body.

When I make it out, I take my 16' alum side console out with that forecast. It's on the edge of my comfort zone. I prefer 10 kph or less ideally from the north or west. If the wind builds (or is forecasted) to 15 or more later in the day, no worries I just plan to leave the lake by lunch.

My experience has been if I cancel a trip with a forecast like Monday I usually regret it 4/5 times because the forecast doesn't hold true and I hear of good fishing reports and water conditions after the fact. lol. Worse case is I travel to the lake (an hour for me) and it was a wasted trip because the weather man was right or the conditions worsened than forecasted.

I have yet to see a forecast (when I am available to fish) or experience good enough conditions to feel comfortable to head out to the walleye areas. One of these trips the lake will be flat enough for me! Until then, just perching I guess.

Best of luck and go safe.

I'm lucky to have a slip and live on the lake. So I can look outside and decide to go or not. Many years of towing the boat to a lake and find it blowing badly. The weather forecasts haven't been very accurate this year for sure.

Calling for rain Sun AM and winds in the mid 30's Sun. and Mon. Let's see what happens.

I'll be watching the weather and wind forecasts like a hawk. Hopefully I'll get out of Port Bruce on Monday for walleye/rainbows else perch (provided I can get minnows)....

Went out today, 3-6ft waves....save your gas. Bradfields is out. Big Otter still had some

Back