Wind question

fishin fool

If wind finder says 16 from the East .Is that rough

central basin erie buoy looks terrible for fishin walleye offshore today...currently east wind @ 16 knots...omg...throw in the bluebird day with bright sun and no cloud cover and extreme pressure @ 102.4 and still goin up...lol...not the greatest conditions to catch a box full of pics for me..

Last edited:
I just talked to a buddy he said theres 3 to 5 ft waves but its laying down at 58ft off burwell not nice Sunday and Monday looks good and im getting my ass kicked today for some shitheads that's what there catching at 58 its been a brutal windy year. stanley bouy still shows 15 knots 2.0ft waves we know double that.

the evening pic bite overall has been better for me this season...if you can get out on 10 knots or less and avoid the east winds...location is everything..I spend alot of time some days burning around lookin at my sonar for clusters of big hooks and pods of smelt from the bottom up...don't let that junk fish fool ya...I also like over cast or good cloud cover days for low light conditions...I try to put the odds in my favour for a good pic bite and am very selective on my fishin trips...it sure makes a difference on boxin a good catch...lure selection is also crucial on gettin the pics to bite...

I'd hoped to make the trip down from Hamilton to take my girlfriend out for perch around 4 til dark, not sure if i will hearing the wind reports now. thanks guys.

Think tommrow will be alright outta glasgow got a small 16ft boat and a long 2hr drive to get there or should I wait till Monday thxs in advance

Back