Wind n Waves

BuckOn

What's everyone's go to site for weather for the now and extended forecast. Thanks in advance

Hi BuckOn A couple sites i like are weather.gc.ca scroll down to marine weather and I like sailflow.com also.

I find Windfinder works great. Usually find it pretty close even on the long range. You can do different spots on different lakes. I even use it for some spots up North

First I go to Environment Canada at weather.gc.ca then I go to the weather network at theweathernetwork.com then I look out the window and see how much the trees are moving......and it's usually the trees that are the deciding factor as to if and/or where I might go.

I live over a hour away from Erie, so the wind on the trees doesn't work for me. I watch the direction of the Canadian flag on the Macdonald marine web cam

you have to learn to be your own marine weatherman ...you look for trend setting weather...light and variable can be excellent marine weather conditions... the day I plan to go I first check the radar...exeter radar is my goto for low pressure fronts and its trajectory..
I then check Stanley weatherbuoy current conditions and past 24 hour winds on the hour....I make it simple my limit is less then 10 knots =20 kms. I avoid east winds and around the full moon ...which usually spells gloom with high winds..picking the right day and location is more then just luck..water temperature location is everything..NOAA has water temp maps....10 % of the water = 90 % of the fish

When the winds from the east the fishing the least, when the winds from the west the fishings the best?

hey Plan B you almost got it and it does have merit...

when the wind is from the west ...the fish bite the best!!! when the wind is from the east ...the fish bite the least..

red sky at night.. sailors delight
red sky in the morning ..sailors take warning

and yep we have red sky here at 6 am...and there is now a rain/flood warning issued... another 2 to 3 inches of rain coming?

Thanks for everyone's input I also use the windfinder app but going to look at the http://www.crh.noaa.gov/greatlakes/?c=map&l=le&p=a&m=wh as well for waves. main reason I ask is due to my young family I need extended forecast so I know when to get an extra day of daycare lol, as some of you are aware time is precious especially with a young family. I know have windmills in my backyard which Ive been watching for daily intel. Tight Lines Boys

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks