Wind and fish???

can't miss

I'm no expert here, looking for those that are to chime in??
Apparently, Ont government has a "" moratorium"" on wind energy farm's on the great lake's, dating back to the late 90's. Keep in mind this doesn't control the US side, and word's like moratorium or studies are very open ended.
I'm hearing Ont gov. is now re-looking into turbines in the lake's, they call it committee meet's.
I'm neither yes or no, and you can't go to the info on the net, you can find both yes and no on how it effect's marine life?
You do have to take into account the way they keep building wind farm's in the rural?? Bet they don't stop at the beach

Nothing like polluting the rural skyline with towers for 1.5% energy source of the billions of dollars we didn't need to spend because we already have a huge energy surplus. They need to build 100 of these along Queen's quay in Toronto.

Back to the fish. I'm sure the fish would hold fine around the finished structures not unlike bridge pilings? I'd be more concerned of the even more damaging effects to migrating waterfowl.

If there were concerns about migrating waterfowl near marshes, having a line of turbines along the lake is a huge issue to altering migration patterns. This is not to take into account detrimental effects on already-endangered monarch butterflies and countless songbird species. Long Point, Rondeau and Point Pelee are renowned birding spots and that's not a reason to keep the turbines off both sides of the lakes? As for the fish, they might hold around the finished structures, but there could be changes in migration patterns also. The big unknown is who is going to take the massive amount of concrete out of the lake after bird migration is permanently altered, the taxpayer has been fleeced for the costs and the turbine is no longer in use and the company went bankrupt.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks