Wildwood

Extra Virgin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Since every weekend has been a 3-6' roller coaster ride on Erie, I am thinking of fishing inland this Saturday. Has anyone been out to Wildwood reservoir lately? How is the water level? It was so shallow this time last year, I could barely make it around the corner.

Since every weekend has been a 3-6' roller coaster ride on Erie, I am thinking of fishing inland this Saturday. Has anyone been out to Wildwood reservoir lately? How is the water level? It was so shallow this time last year, I could barely make it around the corner.
I will be fishing Wildwood Lake sometime this week,and I could report back once I find out.But if you need an immediate answer on the water level on Wildwood Lake,call Angling Sports in London,they should know,because they just had a Bass Tournament there this past Monday,October 10th.I hope this Helps,& Tight Lines.

I will post back by Friday evening on the Wildwood Lake water levels if you like.
@Extra Virgin,I was hoping to be fishing solo at Wildwood Lake today,and give you a report on the water levels there,but due to the Blustery but Bearable Conditions at this moment on Wildwood Lake,I decided to save my gasoline.I already made plans with @Reddog to fish another Lake tomorrow,or I would of fished Wildwood Lake tomorrow,and give you a report on the water levels once I got back home.All the Best,and Tight Lines,if you get a chance to fish on Wildwood Lake this Saturday.

Wildwood was low when I was there a couple weeks back. The ramp is in its fall position, with only one side open for both in and out traffic. They didn't bother sending anyone out to direct traffic so there was some conflict between guys going in and guys trying to get out.

A couple guys got some nice largemouth casting up along the dam though. Not much structure along the edges anywhere else with the low water.

Thanks for the update @Arawak . I usually have good luck on that side of the lake this time of year. Trolling in front of the sail club marina always produces a pike for me. I might bring a bag of salties and try my luck in the depths in front of the dam.

there was some conflict between guys going in and guys trying to get out.
I have seen my fair share of ramp rage there..... if someone wants into the lake when I am about to leave, ill drop the bow mount and have "just one more cast" while I wait.

Last edited:
I drove across the dam & one of the back causeways today.
Yes it's very low. As for "I could barely make it around the corner" this will be the case this year also. If you get out of the creek channel the bottom and submerged stumps will be a big factor.
Years ago I was the lake patrol officer for one year so I know the conditions when I see them.

IMG_20161015_145250.jpg
Hey @Extra Virgin, how was fishing at Wildwood Lake?

The weather couldn't have been better on Saturday. @Dmanwithnoname and myself went out in the afternoon with his extra large live minnows from angling sports and my salted leftovers from one of our failed 6' rollercoaster rides on Erie. As predicted, the levels were quite low, so most of our time was focused on the deeper end of the lake near the dam. We were marking quite a few fish, but most caught that day were rock bass. @Dmanwithnoname did land a 2lb smallmouth bass on one of his giant minnows. All in all, a great day. Nice hot sun, no big waves and a few fish (not caught by me), all released to fight another day.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks