Wild wod

live to fish

Hey

Just wondering if anyone has been out at Wild wood lately if so how thick was the ice and how was fishing? Thinking about going out this weekend

The ice is not an issue IMO, all the snow is...the walk is brutal. Sure, its no 3km hike, but all the snow makes it feel like it. Fishing was slow a few days ago

@fish17 thanks I didn't think ice would be an issue but just wondered because I have heard the water rises there pretty bad some days and I also figured fishing was slow but I plan on giving it a shot any ways. Do you happen to know if you can park in the park or do you have to park at the road and walk in?

I actually think the walk from the road is easier. You can park in the park, but only just in past the first gate, long walk to the water, and uphill most the way back.

"[I actually think the walk from the road is easier. You can park in the park, but only just in past the first gate, long walk to the water, and uphill most the way back. "

As Fish 17 mentioned ...That's one thing about Wildwood Cons. area. it's not very user friendly in terms of layout and access to the water especially for ice fishing. At Least that's been my experience there. Huron.

@Huron to quote a post just push the Reply on the bottom right of the text field. I just found that out a bit ago so I don't have to copy and paste.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks