Wiarton fishing advise please

Smok'n Bat'r

We are going to Wiarton next weekend and are new to the area. All fishing hints would be greatly appreciated. Want to entertain the grandchildren.
Thanks in advance.

I haven’t heard too much on reports from Wiarton. Call Top Notch in Wiarton and I’m sure they will be able to give you some helpful hints.

You are heading out during the Owen sound derby so you may not get much info from locals. You are in the fishing zone for it out of Wiarton so might not be bad idea to grab a ticket. They have some good prizes

A strong north wind makes for a bumpy ride returning to Wiarton. Snagged a ghost net there while in a Wilker one day. It was about 30 ft long. Bent the arm on a Big Jon rigger. Carry wire cutters which are easily accessible. Agree with the colours.

Used to camp at Blue Water Park fathers day weekend years ago.We caught browns out from Caframo.And salmon out from the clay bank on the north shore.I heard it's a different fishery now with mostly greasers and bows being caught.Please give us a report when you return.Good luck.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks