Who's hunting "Frankenstorm"?

Jello

By the news reports, we should all fear for our lives! LOL!

Gonna try it in the morning. If only to see if my coat is really waterproof. I guess they call that 'field testing'.

i field tested a new coat sat. it passed. Bought it from cabelas pull over nice coat mostly dri and warm..last sat. different story WET but not fully

Becareful. The winds are supposed to blow the water out of our end of the lake. You won't want to find yourself stranded in the storm.

Hello Duck Tales,

The weather is fine ... currently there is light rain with a moderate wind from the north north east (note the double north) and the water has blown in overnight. The water level is up about 4 inches at my seawall rather than a mud flat normally extending out 20 to 40 yards so far this fall. For a comparison with a moderate west wind the mud flat has extended out 60 to 80 yards this fall.

I hope this helps anyone coming down to hunt the unit tomorrow.

Jerome

Wind is predicted to switch to West tomorrow afternoon. Just FYI as that will most likely blow the water out again.

I went down on Monday after work to put my pop`up trailer down , didnt seem all the bad really... wished I was out :)

Was out for an afternoon hunt at the unit. Wind was probably pushing 60km/hr by early evening. Made for a great hunt, puddlers decoyed beautfully. Still not a lot of ducks around, but what was in the marsh was flying. We were in a re-rent and that made for 24 ducks out of our blind that day.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks