where can I buy deer meat?

Jsyangyu

I heard that deer meat very delicious, but never got chance try it out. any idea where/when can buy it fresh, not processed one. btw, I do not hunt.

I googled it and see a few farms sell farm raised venison

Briwood Market on Talbot Street in St.Thomas often has a small selection of farmed venison available frozen. The cabinet with local farm meats (frozen) is directly opposite the fresh beef & misc sausages in the meat bunker. You may have luck finding venison burgers and individual steaks there.

I’m a hunter so only need to look in the basement freezer

I’m a hunter so only need to look in the basement freezer
My wife and I too. We put 2-1/2 in the freezer last October. Steaks, roasts, ground and farmers sausage. Good thing opening week is around the corner as family of 5 we're down to last few packages but didn't have to buy much beef last winter.

Reactions: GPS
It should be made clear to the OP that it is legal to buy farm raised venison from a vendor but totally illegal to purchase or offer for sale or barter wild game of any kind or be involved in such activity. It is legal to "gift" wild game to someone.

I forgot to add that wild game does have a different flavour as compared to farm raised but we joke about the deer in Southern Ontario as being farm raised in a manner of speaking. LoL !

Last edited:
It should be made clear to the OP that it is legal to buy farm raised venison from a vendor but totally illegal to purchase or offer for sale or barter wild game of any kind or be involved in such activity. It is legal to "gift" wild game to someone.

I forgot to add that wild game does have a different flavour as compared to farm raised but we joke about the deer in Southern Ontario as being farm raised in a manner of speaking. LoL !
Well thank You for that insight.

Some wild game can be legally sold. With a raccoon license you can sell the carcass and with a trappers license you can sell carcasses of other fur bearing mammals.

Seller must provide an invoice (which is then the buyers “license” to have said game), provide in writing that the meat has not been inspected, and the buyer can only feed the meat to his immediate family.

As for wild deer meat there is no legal sale. But, you’re free to gift it to anyone.

That's a generous offer there Noth n Yet. Don't forget some cooking tips ? Most people overcook wild game and complain afterwards... go figure ?
Burgers, meatloaf or stews are almost foolproof. I'm looking forward to November as my freezer is empty.

we were at a nice place in Cambridge last night and they had deer on the menu. So I asked where they get it from and they said it comes from New Zealand but no info on where they buy it from. Sure was tasty........

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks