what no one fished on that beautiful weekend

skinny

Due to lack of work I couldn't aford to go out but would love to hear how everyone else did

I hit a few tribs on friday evening and saturday. Got 2 nice bows Friday and lost a salmon saturday morning...almost had to cry when she fought her way out of the net and proceeded to snap me off[:I]I think my net guy needs a few lessons:D Got skunked saturday evening, also had a good time chatting with " Stick " always a pleasure to share some laughs with him. FB

skinny,I was going to write in under New Post on my day out on the Bay yesterday this morning,but I will reply here under your Post instead. canvasbacksca,Sorry to hear about your friend not even catching a Perch,I know how he feels,my first SKUNK also of the year.[V]I started out at EC3 & EC4,and also in front of Millionaire`s Island,I basically fished also in the same areas that he did,except for Bluff Bar & Gravelly Bay,even though I was tempted to Boat out there,because of the SLOW Fishing I was encountering in the Inner Bay.I did notice that the water was a little on the stain side,and noticed floating debri,such as weeds,etc.About up to a dozen of Boats seemed to be scattered near the vicinity of the EC10.I tried for some Pike casting lure`s around for awhile,but again debri on my lure`s every cast,therefore,trolling was also impossible.Stopped by at Rotten Ronnie`s Bait & Tackle on my way to the Boat Ramp,but Jimmy had a note on his Front Door,and it read "Closed for Renovations."I should of called first,to see if he had Minnows For Sale,like he suggested Angler`s to do,before they stopped in.Fresh Minnows might of saved the Day.;)My Salted Minnows that I brought along,did not seem to work,this time.All & all,a Beautiful Day on The Bay.8D

RED FISH

We went out on Saturday. Fished in front of Old Cut. Caught two real nice perch and missed one other. Real cold and only had worms so we didn't stay long. Thought Sunday would have been better.

All mud at my end of Erie[both days] and a bonus algae filled marina to boot.

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

Went to the Bluffs Saturday afternoon for my final run for the season. Water was very cloudy and lots of floating weeds. Came back in with nothing:( and pulled the big boat out on Sunday. Now I will use the 14' and fish the weed beds for some pike around EC10 until ice time.

Jim

SRT8

310548_10150899372415105_746020104_21250733_436603838_n.jpg

Me

skunk.jpg

We tried Bluffs, Big Rice, Millionaires, EC10, St. Willies and The PP and Shawn got the only one.

Beauty day though (For late October)

297963_10150899374420105_746020104_21250758_1180032635_n.jpg

Dan B.

www.Fish-A-Thon.com

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_100_1368.jpg
187931_111125182274045_2211041_n.jpg

The two of us managed to get out Sunday morning in about 6.5 feet of water, 3/4 of a mile straight out of Booth's. There were around 20 boats spaciously scattered in the same area.

We managed to take 30 Perch home, 6 jumbo's [V] and 8"-10" mostly, which I find is the best to eat. The weather was perfect :)

Thursday after work check local tribs for the damage done by the recent downpours. No fishing.

Friday night after work, same as Thursday night.

Saturday fished local trib from 9:30 til dark except for a mad dash mid day to replace a 2 piece 10.5 footer I'd just made into a 3 piece garden ornament, an 8.5 footer I blew up into 6 pieces a couple of weeks ago and add another 10 footer to the arsenal.
I just couldn't resist the price. My buddy and I did manage to hook a couple of bows though.

Sunday daybreak til about 3, we hit 3 more on local trib but they where gone almost as fast as the hookset. At least mine were. In bed and out cold by 7:30.

Monday, woke at 2 am thinking it was 4 am and started the morning ritual until I realized I can't read an alarm clock without my glasses on, so back to bed after a smoke to lay there thinking about chrome rockets to come. Headed northwest via GPS for a couple hours to one of my sadistic fellow creek rat buddy's favourite pieces of heaven. And heavenly looking she was. Some of the most beautiful high gradient, slimy rock and boulder infested trout water in this province. Luckily the thunderstorms we drove through gave way to a gorgeous, grey skyed morning on a surging clay walled pool that gave me the first 3 rockets of the day. After slip sliding and ankle twisting around until about 4 we collapsed back into the truck for the ride home, grinning all the way. You just can't complain about a 14 fish day between 2 very out of shape, mature trout bums, even though my buddy kicked my ass for most of the rest of the day. The only downside I can see is that I'm so sore that my wife has to remove the caps from my favourite refreshment for me tonight and she has just gone to bed. Thankfully I have to work for the next 5 days so I can heal before the next adventure.

Cheers!

Stick

DSC00152.jpg
"Rivers are living things, sometimes swollen and discoloured, other times thin and anaemic. Spend enough time around a particular river, you learn to read its moods, like a spouse reads a partner."

Gord Ellis ONTARIO OUT OF DOORS

Sounds like a decent weekend Stick . Dan nice report LOL Red I thought that was you out front of millionaires in the lund tiller man you move around alot I think your even more impatient than me :D

And if the duck hunters that were at the bottom of pottahawk when we went burning over the sand bar read this I am truly SORRY didn't see you guys till it was to late[:I] Your camo is definately working we went around to the N channel on the way back from bluffs

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

well thanks guys for the reports I can't wait to get out again because a bad days fishing is still a great day as we all know

Hello SRT8,yes that was me in front of millionaires.I thought I had that spot to myself,I thought that I was in my Glory,:DI did not notice you heading toward millionaires,I was busy plugging in my foot control on my Electric Motor at the time,when you Snuck In Behind Me.LOL I thought that was you,but I have only seen your Boat in pictures.I should of gone over anyways,to see how your day was going so far--next time.;) Congrats on catching the Pike,it was definetly a Tough Bite last Sunday,for me anyways.I love to move around a lot,wether it is on the Hard Water Season,or up & down a riverbank up at the Bayfield or Maitland River`s chasing Steel--coming up real soon.8DI like to try different Tactic`s in different areas on the Bay. I only ended up fishing for 4 hrs.,then went Home to watch some Football.Beautiful picture by the way,of the sunrise by Pottahawk,both of you must of hit the Boat Ramp quite early.Good Luck to the rest of your Season. LIFE`S SHORT FISH HARD! :D

RED FISH

quote:
Originally posted by wayneC

hay stick have you fished the Gorg at Niagara yet?

I've fished Niagara a few times ove the years but it is not my kinda water. I would like to try a drift boat trip 1 day but I'm more of a float drop addict. Float drops, reel to the float and set the hook. I'm guessing this weekend was 100 casts per fish. 95% of hooksets were into snags but the other 5% were all worth the work. I just hope this rain leaves me alone for at least another month so I can fish spinning gear instead of the pin. Alot easier on my old shoulders and arms.

Back